Facility Quality Specialist
Nestle Purina PetCare
Nestlé Purina is expanding! Introducing Nestlé Purina’s newest factory in the U.S. – in Hartwell, Georgia – just shy of 110 miles northeast of Atlanta. We’ve recently opened a state-of-the-art distribution center and production facility – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome as many as 240 new members to the Nestlé Purina family by 2023. One more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently than we have ever done before producing and distributing the Nestlé Purina brands our customers trust and pets love.
As the Facility Quality Specialist (HACCP Specialist), you will be responsible for developing, implementing, leading, optimizing, and ensuring compliance of the HACCP program, HACCP Principles, and other quality and food safety programs for the facility. You will assure products are manufactured, packaged, stored, and shipped under safe wholesome conditions through the development, management and oversight of all applicable HACCP programs.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
- Be the primary point of contact for any HACCP violations or non-compliant HACCP situations as well as the technical support for Department Managers, Team Leaders, and Maintenance concerning HACCP & HACCP related issues.
- Train and coach employees in HACCP & HACCP related topics within all areas of the factory/plant and external offsite storage facilities, or any other pertinent topic.
- Lead re-assessments of facility HACCP Plan.
- Responsible for Food Safety / HACCP / Preventative Controls verifications.
- Be an active member of the Food Safety Team (as defined in ISO 22000). Be the Food Safety Team Leader or the backup when they are away. Lead a separate HACCP team when/as deemed appropriate.
- Provide support to Product Safety Team Leader and Specialists related to implementation of Food Safety Programs: Food Safety Gap Assessment, Sanitation, Pathogen Monitoring, etc.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years’ experience working with food safety or quality assurance in a food manufacturing facility
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service