This job is archived
Nestlé Purina is expanding! Introducing Nestlé Purina’s newest factory in the U.S. – in Hartwell, Georgia – just shy of 110 miles northeast of Atlanta. We opened a state of the art distribution center in 2018 and production facility in 2019 – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome 300+ new members to the Nestlé Purina family. With more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently, than we have ever done before; all while distributing the Nestlé Purina brands our customers trust and pets love!
As a Safety Lead, you will be responsible for assisting the Safety Department with the implementation of policies and programs necessary to fully comply with Nestle Purina PetCare “Safety” Programs and Loss Control objectives. You will also provide training and ensure proper communication at all levels of the plant to achieve full preparation in the Safety and Loss Control programs and compliance with Federal, State, and Local Government regulations.
- Lead safety initiatives and engage the workforce.
- Assist in maintaining permit to work program through review of completed permits.
- Conduct risk prediction assessment reviews monthly to ensure compliance with risk prediction standards.
- Conduct area safety assessment reviews monthly to ensure all annual reviews are completed.
- Take on a leadership role on the site safety committee.
- Conduct temporary employee safety training.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1+ years of safety experience in a fast-paced environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.