Resting at 7,000 feet and surrounded by the San Francisco Peaks, the scenic city of Flagstaff remains an important distribution site for large manufacturers, like Nestlé Purina. Just a stone’s throw from downtown, where the city’s culture comes to life, our Nestlé Purina Family in Flagstaff experiences the best of both worlds: the city and the mountains. Annually, we mass manufacture 270,000 tons of dry pet food from our Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Nestlé Purina ONE®, Alpo® and Pro Plan® brands – and we’re doing it all underneath 70,000 square feet of solar panels to draw nearly 12 million kilowatt hours of clean emission-free solar electricity.
We’re a “safety first” culture passionate about a zero defect and zero waste attitude. As a leading pet food manufacturer, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger pet care category. With over 120 years in existence, we’ve grown our hardworking Nestlé Purina Family while establishing breadth of our business. Your needs are our responsibility—job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future and your career aspirations.
As the Safety Manager, you will manage, facilitate, direct and support safety objectives and goals. You will ensure that employees work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. You will follow all safety policies and procedures, and will attend safety, team and plant-wide meetings as well as safety and functional training.
- Develop Safety and Health programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear expectations and procedures. Responsible for effectively driving sustainable implementation of Corporate, Division and local initiatives via hands on leadership, coaching and teamwork.
- Drive compliance with local, state, and federal safety requirements. Maintain OSHA 300 Log and internal reporting as required.
- Study data and trends to implement safety campaigns. Organize, coordinate, and conduct training for Safety Committee on safety topics and current safety programs in the plant.
- Utilize Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) principles, tools, systems and processes to enhance performance. Develop and lead the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) pillar for the site during TPM implementation.
- Ensure effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired. Provide customer service for all employees with inquiries in the areas of safety to include, but not limited to; Workers’ Compensation, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Occupational Health, or a related field
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a safety or compliance role within a manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.