A Purina Core Value is the Safety, Health, & Care of our employees and programs are in place making this value priority one. We have an opportunity for a process safety engineer to join the Technical Safety Team. The team is responsible for understanding, interpreting, and helping apply industrial application, safety codes, and best practices for industrial food production factories.
The Team is responsible for providing technical guidance on safety related to: (OSHA, Nestec, and ISO guidance).
We’re looking for someone who works well in a team environment and communicates well with factory staff, senior leadership, all technical disciplines, construction personnel, and business management. We are seeking an engineer with industrial process safety experience and specifically technical interpretation and application of safety standards, such as OSHA, NFPA, and International Building Code. Additionally, technical expertise to include all aspects of process safety, in terms of industrial systems, and application.
*Position will require travel, with expected levels at up to 50%.
- Provide Engineering consultation and review for capital projects and existing factory infrastructure regarding application of the latest process applications & technical safety requirements. Focus areas of Process Safety Management: Ingredient delivery (IIG Combustibility), Ammonia Refrigeration, Industrial Gases (nitrogen & CO2 ) / Flammables (Liquids & Gases), Steam Boilers, and other NPE project support development needs.
- This position requires continuing evaluation of the latest safety codes and industry standards, from ISO, North American requirements and Nestle Corporate requirements. This role is responsible for interpreting the technical safety requirements for all industrial systems in operation at our facilities, identifying opportunities for improvement and providing pragmatic guidance on solutions. This position will work with factory staff, corporate legal consul, corporate engineering, and senior management.
- Requires coordination of work by outside consultants and suppliers, broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, and an understanding of principles and practices in related specialties. Requires strong communications skills and ability to perform well on teams. Travel is required to observe conditions at our North American locations and provide field consulting/observation.
- Provide safety engineering technical assistance to operating facilities. Includes planning/implementing investigation and analysis in problem areas or areas of opportunity for improvement. Requires ability to collaborate with and contribute to cross functional teams.
- Provide safety engineering support to divisional improvement efforts including systems analysis, scope development, and evaluation of alternate technologies and methods. Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affecting the industry for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis in programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
- Provide safety engineering for developmental projects and for capital projects on special assignment.
- Assist in the development/modification of department technical guidelines, standards, and specifications in specialty.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields required
- 7+ years of Engineering experience, in addition, 3+ years’ experience with technical safety system design and implementation experience required.
- Field experience reviewing construction progress, commissioning systems, and coordinating field work with teammates required
- Experience working in a multi-discipline team to deliver technical safety solutions required
- OSHA, ISO, Building Codes, NFPA, and/or Auditing certifications are a plus
- Technical responsibility for organizing and executing work assignments.
- Ability to plan and coordinate work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to exercise judgment relative to budget and schedule, as well as analytical work.
- Ability to recommend/specify equipment, systems, and services of significant cost/value.
- Ability to liaison with individuals and units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting on technical matters pertaining to his/her field.
- Ability to work with project teams within Engineering, outside consultants, contractors, equipment suppliers, contacts at operating facilities throughout North America, and other technical groups within Nestle Purina.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Expert Engineer (Process Safety) Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21004661