This job is archived
Nestlé Purina is expanding once again! Our newest facility in Eden, North Carolina is set to open in 2022. Revitalized from a former brewery, our plant will use modern production capabilities to meet increasing demand for dry pet food. This growing demand will help establish more than an estimated 300 jobs by 2024, made possible by Nestlé Purina’s $450 million investment. Designed with sustainability and safety front of mind, this facility will play a pivotal role in our global environment commitment of Zero Waste for Disposal, Caring for Water, 100 percent renewable electricity use and zero net greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. We’re thrilled to call Eden, North Carolina home to our 22nd factory in the U.S. and looking forward to serving pets and the people who love them!
For over a century, we’ve revolutionized pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere – a mission we accomplish through three core pursuits: passion, safety, and innovation. As the Safety Specialist you will be a key contributor to this mission by implementing safety programs and training.
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. As a Safety Specialist, you will assist the Manager of Factory Safety in tracking training, scheduling safety screenings, maintaining records, and providing additional administrative support. You will provide indirect supervision and coordination in promoting a Safety culture and directing the plant Safety Programs. You will ensure safety documents are maintained in audit ready condition.
- Engage in a safe and healthy work environment in order to strive for zero accidents.
- Maintain a safe working environment in compliance with the plant policies, local laws and OSHA/MSHA Standards.
- Ensure completion of behavioral based safety observations and communication.
- Promote an open environment for safety continuous improvement while holding a level of individual accountability.
- Conduct and assist with new hire safety training including record keeping for new hire follow up.
- Assist with all around safety program execution.
Basic Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of Safety or Compliance experience in a Manufacturing, Industrial, Warehouse, Military or related environment
- A 2 year degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, or a related field
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Safety Specialist Primary Location: Eden, NC US Other Location: United States-- Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21004888