Nestlé Purina is expanding! Introducing Nestlé Purina’s newest factory in the U.S. – in Hartwell, Georgia – just shy of 110 miles northeast of Atlanta. We opened a state of the art distribution center in 2018 and production facility in 2019 – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome 300+ new members to the Nestlé Purina family. With more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently, than we have ever done before; all while distributing the Nestlé Purina brands our customers trust and pets love!
As the Safety Manager, you will manage, facilitate, direct and support safety objectives and goals. You will ensure that employees work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. You will follow all safety policies and procedures, and will attend safety, team and plant-wide meetings as well as safety and functional training.
- Develop Safety and Health programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear expectations and procedures. Responsible for effectively driving sustainable implementation of Corporate, Division and local initiatives via hands on leadership, coaching and teamwork.
- Drive compliance with local, state, and federal safety requirements. Maintain OSHA 300 Log and internal reporting as required.
- Study data and trends to implement safety campaigns. Organize, coordinate, and conduct training for Safety Committee on safety topics and current safety programs in the plant.
- Utilize Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) principles, tools, systems and processes to enhance performance. Develop and lead the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) pillar for the site during TPM implementation.
- Ensure effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired. Provide customer service for all employees with inquiries in the areas of safety to include, but not limited to; Workers’ Compensation, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, or a related field
5+ years of leadership experience in a safety or compliance role within a manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Safety Manager Primary Location: Hartwell, GA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21004999