Just 65 miles from Center City Philadelphia, Allentown – or Lehigh Valley – is in close proximity to many of the major Northeastern U.S. cities, which makes it an ideal location for manufacturing and distributing consumer goods. We utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Nestlé Purina is truly proud to call home.
As a Quality Specialist, you play a pivotal role in the quality assurance of all incoming ingredients used for producing the highest quality pet food. As the ingredient functional expert, you ensure incoming ingredient HACCP requirements are fully met and documented. The Quality Specialist assures compliance to ingredient specifications in the evaluation process through development and training of procedures and test methods, equipment calibration and validation, and adherence to policies. In this role you will lead continuous improvement efforts in all aspects of incoming ingredients.
- Develop and administer ingredient training program for ingredient receiving operators and QA staff.
- Actively ensure complete compliance of standards set forth by government agencies as well as those of corporate and the plant.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding of incoming ingredient HACCP requirements and actively ensure our programs fully support all requirements, including but not limited to cross-contamination, foreign material, infestation, verification of Certificate of analysis, and shelf life.
- Learn about and maintain appropriate knowledge base about the ingredients used in order to identify potential risks, provide training, and understand functions in formula.
- Maintain a good level of proficiency in all ingredient sampling/testing performed by operators to support training efforts and auditing.
- Monitor and document compliance to ingredient key checkpoints, specifications and procedures.
Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
Experience: 2+ years of experience working in quality assurance or materials ingredients in a manufacturing, production, military, or related environment required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science, or related field preferred.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View]
or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View]