This job is archived
Nestlé Purina is expanding once again! Our newest facility in Eden, North Carolina is set to open in 2022. Revitalized from a former brewery, our plant will use modern production capabilities to meet increasing demand for dry pet food. This growing demand will help establish more than an estimated 300 jobs by 2024, made possible by Nestlé Purina’s $450 million investment. Designed with sustainability and safety front of mind, this facility will play a pivotal role in our global environment commitment of Zero Waste for Disposal, Caring for Water, 100 percent renewable electricity use and zero net greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. We’re thrilled to call Eden, North Carolina home to our 22nd factory in the U.S. and looking forward to serving pets and the people who love them!
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. As the Quality Supervisor over Product Safety you will be a key contributor to this mission by implementing, managing, and improving the Factory Food Safety Management system to guarantee the production of safe, high-quality products.
In this role you will lead, coach, and develop product safety and HACCP employees. Since this is a new factory you will work closely with Engineering and Maintenance throughout capital project development to ensure food safety and sanitary design are taken into consideration. This Quality Supervisor will draft SOPs, conduct training, audit compliance, monitor pest activity, and identify corrective actions. This could include work with waste removal, grounds keeping, and janitorial services through third parties.
Candidates must be willing to obtain Pesticide Applicator’s License within 90 days of hire.
- Manage the factory’s Integrated Pest Management Program in accordance with State and Federal regulations, to ensure that it has been implemented and maintained effectively to support a pest-free environment.
- Develop, implement, maintain and administer the factory sanitation programs to ensure that all products are manufactured in a sanitary environment.
- Ensure compliance to the Food Safety Management System requirements, including management of the Food Safety Team and associated requirements.
- Coordinate training and development of employees for all factory food safety programs. Ensure this program is in place for all visitors and contractors to include relevant food safety and quality awareness.
- Manage chemical supplies and sanitation services including, waste removal, custodian, yards and grounds, and contracted restricted use chemical applications.
- Serve as backup HACCP Coordinator.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years working with food safety or quality assurance in a food manufacturing facility
- 2+ years of supervisory or leadership experience
- Associates Degree in a Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a food manufacturing or quality environment within a manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment
- 1+ years of supervisory or leadership experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .