This job is archived
For thirty years, Nestlé Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home. Located an hour north of Kansas City, the community of 77,000 people is packed with character, rich history and nationally acclaimed quality of life – just like Nestlé Purina is. The city was recognized with the All-America City Award, given to communities with citizens who work together to pinpoint and address community-wide challenges and achieve exceptional results. Carrying forward that spirit, since 1985, our wet dog and cat food factory in St. Joseph has provided employment, and a special home for many of our associates who work passionately each day to annually produce millions of cases of Fancy Feast® and Beneful® Prepared Meals – two flagship Nestlé Purina brands. Our associates’ work goes far beyond the bag and the can. They are very passionate about their support for the United Way and United Cerebral Palsy foundations, raising $750,000 over the past five years. Joining the Nestlé Purina factory in St. Joseph means you are joining more than a pet food company, but also a very driven and close-knit team focused on safety, personal growth, development and community. Our St. Joseph factory has enjoyed increased production and reinvestment, including a $30 million project to remodel our pet food kitchen, as well as installation of new raw ingredient processing equipment. This attention to safety and quality, matched by a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and renovation, helps us to attain our fullest potential. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. As a Supervisor, Facility Quality (Product Safety), you will be responsible for development, management, compliance, on-going sustainability and continuous improvement for the factory’s Product Safety and Food Safety Programs to assure all products are manufactured, packaged, stored and shipped under safe and wholesome conditions.
- Manage the factory’s Integrated Pest Management Program in accordance with State and Federal regulations, to ensure that it has been implemented and maintained effectively to support a pest-free environment.
- Develop, implement, maintain and administer the factory sanitation programs to ensure that all products are manufactured in a sanitary environment.
- Ensure compliance to the Food Safety Management System requirements, including management of the Food Safety Team and associated requirements.
- Coordinate training and development of employees for all factory food safety programs. Ensure this program is in place for all visitors and contractors to include relevant food safety and quality awareness.
- Manage chemical supplies and sanitation services including, waste removal, custodian, yards and grounds, and contracted restricted use chemical applications.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years working with food safety or quality assurance in a food manufacturing facility
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .
Job: Supervisor, Food Safety Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21001883