Intern - Safety
Job Description JOB SUMMARY:
Provide support to the Safety and Health function for St. Joseph, Missouri NDC (Nestle Development Center)
1. Support continuous improvement of the Safety and Health function with Research and Development.
2. Develop and provide safety related training programs, including OSHA required training.
3. Support compliance with Corporate Safety Policies and OSHA Regulations, including compliance with OHSAS 18001 Safety Management System.
4. Assist with making improvements to existing risk assessments and developing new ones, if required.
5. Implement new energy control procedures to support the Lockout/Tagout program.
6. Coordinate the chemical review process for the facility, using the new SDS database.
7. Participate and contribute as a member of cross-functional teams as assigned.
8. Use safety practices to coach and provide feedback to all associates.
9. Additional duties as assigned.
• Support SHE function with all areas of the organization.• Develop working relationships with all areas of the organization
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• Working toward or have obtained a B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health or similar degree
• 15 Hours of OSH course work
• Must have a basic working knowledge of OSHA and ANSI Standards.
• Good sense of business/technical interrelationships
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to manage multiple projects/priorities
• Computer literacy – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Intern - Safety
St. Joseph, MO US
Nestle Purina PetCare Company