This job is archived
Fort Dodge is a city of 26,000 people located just an hour and a half north of Des Moines, three and a half hours south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, and 6 hours west of Chicago. As a regional hub for retail, recreation, and industry, the city is rapidly expanding in terms of population growth and economic development. The Fort Dodge Purina plant has been providing growth opportunities and stability to countless employees since 1975. We are deeply involved in the Fort Dodge community, providing not only careers but also shared value through our donations to local and national charities, animal shelters, schools, and medical centers.
The Fort Dodge plant is a wet manufacturing facility that produces 5.5-ounce canned Friskies pet food and is one of the strongest in the division. The products are a customer favorite and keep the facility running at full capacity year-round. Most importantly, our plant upholds a strong safety ethic which is strengthened by the participation of each employee. When you join the Purina plant at Fort Dodge, you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
As the Safety Manager, you’ll be a critical leader in establishing and maintaining the safety-first culture Nestle Purina has long recognized. This role will provide all employees with the tools, programs, policies and measures to meet the plant’s safety goals and we’ll rely upon your expertise to facilitate a proactive safety environment. We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask, “what’s next?”
- Ensure Accident Rate and Workers’ Compensation Objectives are met
- Develop Safety awareness programs, motivational and communication programs, which promote safety and assist in reducing accident and injury rate objectives
- Coordinate investigations of injuries, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records are maintained
- Direct, evaluate, and ensure that Nestle required Safety audits are implemented and completed. Provide emergency preparedness for all other programs mandated by OSHA, EPA, and Nestle
- Develop and update written standards in required areas to include but not limited to respiratory, confined space, Hazard communication, hearing conservation, and ergonomics
- Provide training materials to all departments to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Regulations and Nestle standards
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a safety or compliance role within a manufacturing, industrial, military or related environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience within a manufacturing, industrial, military or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Safety Manager Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21000436