Nestlé Purina is expanding! Introducing Nestlé Purina’s newest factory in the U.S. – in Hartwell, Georgia – just shy of 110 miles northeast of Atlanta. We’ve recently opened a state of the art distribution center and production facility – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome as many as 240 new members to the Nestlé Purina family by 2023. One more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently than we have ever done before producing and distributing the Nestlé Purina brands our customers trust and pets love.
As Safety & Health Specialist, you will be assisting the Safety Manager with the implementation of policies and programs necessary to fully comply with Nestle Purina PetCare “Safety” Programs and Loss Control objectives. You will also provide training and ensure proper communication at all levels of the plant to achieve full preparation in the Safety and Health programs and compliance with Federal, State, and Local Government regulations.
- Fosters/develops a culture where safety and health are ingrained as a core value with all employees, everyone is actively engaged in performing their work in a safe manner, everyone actively interacts with co-workers to prevent at-risk behaviors. Actively participates on the Factory SH&E Team/Pillar and other assigned teams. Effectively coaches and develops operations line supervision to be effective SH&E leaders/coaches in their respective positions.
- Analyze SH&E conditions and behaviors and recommends changes to continuously improve Site SH&E performance to world class levels.
- Primarily responsible for implementing systems, procedures, and work practices to ensure “audit ready” state of compliance. Develop and implement processes and procedures (SOP's) to ensure Site compliance with company and regulatory agency policies, including federal, state and local legislation and regulations pertaining to Safety and Health.
- Understand the safety risks associated with jobs, Site wide. Ensures thorough investigation of all incidents, in coordination with Safety and Health Site leadership. Provide expertise and participate in Safety and Health incident investigations as necessary.
- Routinely walk the Capital Projects, Contractor work sites, and maintenance being performed to ensure safety compliance per OSHA regulations. Evaluate compliance with PPE requirements, check on contractor training and review safety paperwork (hot work permits, confined space permits, daily checklists, etc.). Act as Safety Liaison to Engineering and Maintenance to track and follow up on completion of New Equipment Checklists and support the site Safety Initiatives associated with contractors (Pre-qualification, BBS, Toolbox Talks, Meetings, etc.)
- Administer training programs associated with safety and health including “train the trainer” sessions to build capability of line supervision.
- Coordinate and/or conduct Industrial Hygiene monitoring as scheduled and when determined necessary.
- Drive excellence through active participation on the production floor to adopt a - zero tolerance mentality- toward Safety and Health losses and drive elimination of losses through the framework of OHSAS 18001 and NCE.
- Provides Safety and Health functional and technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function. Partners with other key functions on initiatives including Engineering, HR, Quality, Operations, NCE, etc. to deliver on goals and plans.
- Responsible for additional duties as required by the Safety Manager.
- High School or GED or 2 year safety degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or a related field
- 2+ years of safety or COMPLIANCE experience in a manufacturing, industrial, warehouse, military or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Safety and Health Specialist Primary Location: Hartwell, GA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005701