Since the doors opened in 1972, this factory has grown dramatically into a sustainable state-of-the-art facility. In 2013, we completed our largest solar project yet by installing a 450-kilowatt photovoltaic system of nearly 1,900 panels. The amount of energy produced annually by this solar array could power nearly 52 average-sized homes, or approximately 5,000 lights bulbs for an entire year. With sustainability and safety always top of mind, our Atlanta factory proudly and passionately produces 460,000 tons a year of our dry pet food brands, including Alpo®, Beneful®, Cat Chow®, Dog Chow®, Fit & Trim®, Friskies®, Nestlé Purina ONE® and Pro Plan®. This plant location is just along the southern crescent of Metro Atlanta – an area that nearly 5 million residents and over 340 of our associates can call home. Atlanta is considered the major commercial and financial center of the Southeast and, if this beautiful city were a country, it would be the 28th largest economy in the world.
As the Safety Manager, you’ll be a critical leader in establishing and maintaining the safety-first culture Nestle Purina has long recognized. This role will provide all employees with the tools, programs, policies and measures to meet the plant’s safety goals and we’ll rely upon your expertise to facilitate a proactive safety environment. We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask “what’s next?”
- Ensures effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired. Provides customer service for all employees with inquiries in the areas of safety to include, but not limited to; Workers’ Compensation, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records are maintained.
- Ensures safety inspections and observations are conducted and make recommendation for safety improvements throughout the plant.
- Develop Safety awareness programs, motivational and communication programs, which promote safety and assist in reducing accident and injury rate objectives.
- Direct, evaluate, and ensure that Nestle required Safety audits are implemented and completed. Provide emergency preparedness for all other programs mandated by OSHA, EPA, and Nestle.
- Develop and update written standards in required areas to include but not limited to respiratory, confined space, Hazard communication, hearing conservation, and ergonomics.
- Provide training materials to all departments to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Regulations and Nestle standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or related field
- 3+ years of Safety and Loss Control experience in a manufacturing, industrial, warehouse, military or related environment including
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Safety Manager Primary Location: Fairburn, GA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005065