We’re a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, we carry on the legacy of our founder who led us to reshape the larger pet care category. Over 120 years in existence, we’ve grown our passionate Nestlé Purina Family as we’ve grown the breadth of our business. Your needs are our responsibility—job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But we leave it up to you to shape our future and your career aspirations.
As a Safety Management Development Assistant, you’ll be immersed in a highly technical and quality-driven production environment to play a key role in ensuring we have the appropriate people resources and safety awareness to achieve our standards of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence. You’ll learn our operations, how they apply to safety and how safety interacts with other factory functions, such as human resources, production, engineering, information systems, quality assurance, supply chain, and finance. Collaboration with your safety mentor and peers is essential to this role, as they will help you leverage your new business knowledge to deliver top-notch safety analysis and support to the factory for the duration of your program experience.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to stand taller and ask, “What’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
- Implement and utilize assessment and risk prediction processes to ensure effective identification, communication and mitigation of workplace hazards
- Investigate work related incidents to identify root causes and actions to prevent recurrence
- Conduct safety inspections and observations
- Make recommendations for safety improvements throughout the plant
- Provide effective Safety Training that includes Safety Orientation programs for new hires and contractors
- Organize, coordinate, and conduct training for the Safety Committee
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Must be open to relocation to one or more of our 21 production facilities across the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or a related field
- 1+ years of safety experience in a manufacturing, industrial, warehouse, military, or related environment
Preferred: Experience with OSHA 1926 or ISO45001
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Safety Management Development Associate (Level 2) Primary Location: Davenport, IA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005050