This job is archived
Provide tactical regulatory and nutrition expertise to help bring Innovation and Renovation (I&R) projects to the market through effective communication with Marketing, Legal, Purchasing, Quality Assurance and Technical Services. Use technical knowledge of national pet food regulations in the area of responsibility to further NPPC goals and minimize negative regulatory impact upon the business. Utilize strong communication and influencing skills in conjunction with understanding of state and federal governmental affairs to promote the business interests of NPPC. Represent NPPC to federal (FDA) and state regulatory authorities (AAFCO).
- Provide regulatory assessment and guidance as a member of product development teams in the creation of science-based product claims using knowledge of state and federal regulations
- Provide technical expertise, risk assessments and solutions for product labeling, nutrition and regulatory issues. Participate in various claims review discussions to provide broad-based labeling and nutrition guidance/risk assessment for NPPC brands.
- Review packaging, labeling and other materials for state and federal regulatory compliance
- Support Innovation and Renovation initiatives by continual interaction with key departments, such as; Brand teams, Legal and PTC from product concept through finalization. Provide tactical regulatory input and risk assessment for claims
- Provide regulatory and technical guidance to assist with export document preparation for NPPC Intermarket & Export
- Assist RSA team with writing regulatory position statement
B.S. or B.A. in Nutrition, Animal Science, Biochemistry, or related sciences field or relevant experience in a heavily regulated area such as Pet Food,
Food, Feed, Pharmaceutical, Chemical or related field
1-3 years of professional work experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Regulatory Specialist I Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection//jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20003753