Covetrus Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management is a value-added and collaborative risk assurance function focused on providing independent, objective, and value-added SOX Quality Assurance, Advisory and Enterprise Risk Management services.
Covetrus is hiring an Internal Auditor, reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management, to and participate in operational, compliance and financial internal audits and other special projects. The typical objectives of an audit assignment will include: (i) Utilizing process mapping to document key controls within the audited process; (ii) Performing process walkthroughs and controls testing; (iii) Identifying key control gaps; (iv) Collaborating with management to identify action plans; (v) Participating in management presentations of audit findings; (vi) Documenting findings in an audit report distributed to management and the Audit Committee.
Over time, candidates who are successful in the Internal Auditor role may have the opportunity to rotate into other assignments at Covetrus.
- Assist with preparing the annual audit risk assessment and pre-audit planning.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve controls across operational, compliance and financial processes.
- Partner with management to develop efficient and effective corrective action plans and influence improvements to the company’s systems of internal control.
- Collect and analyze data, conduct interviews of Auditee’s, document, summarize, and communicate audit results and follow up on the status of correction action plans, as needed.
- Demonstrate a confident and well-developed communication style, that establishes credibility and facilitates a clear understanding of audit issues and influence change where appropriate.
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned by management.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, which may include a combination of Public Accounting and financial analysis or accounting experience.
- Possess the ability to work in cross-functional teams, cultivate leadership abilities and to develop operational and financial management skills.
- Demonstrate analytical reasoning, creative problem-solving abilities, advanced verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, strategic thinking, sound reasoning, business acumen, and analytical skills.
- Show the ability to present complex analysis with clarity and professionalism; must be comfortable interacting with senior level management and portray a strong professional image.
- Have strong operating and financial controls evaluation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze business process risks.
- Play a strategic role in the risk management process and provide a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s risks, controls, and governance processes.
- Possess project management skills with the focus on timely completion of tasks and the ability to identify and assess changing business process risks.
- Be an independent self-starter with a strong work ethic, high degree of motivation and the ability to contribute to a positive team attitude, proven dedication to teamwork, leadership, and integrity within a professional environment.
- Have sound technical accounting skills with an understanding of data mining and analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of internal controls systems and US GAAP is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA designation preferred, and/ or CIA, CISA or CFE certification a plus.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience strongly preferred, MBA a plus.
- Dublin, Ohio.
- Up to 25% of the time.
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.