Aside from its 300 days of annual sunshine, breathtaking scenery and remaining a mecca for some of the country’s best brews, Denver has consistently ranked in the ‘Top 10 pet-loving cities’ and ‘Top 5 dog-friendly cities’ year over year. Nestlé Purina has a proud presence in this mile-high city, having been in operation since 1930. Its first 42 years in operation were primarily to produce livestock feed until the plant transitioned into a pet food-only manufacturer in 1972. Since then, the location became the first-ever pet food factory to utilize solar energy. To date, we’re proud to sustainably produce 260,134 tons annually of Dog Chow®, Cat Chow®, Kit n Kaboodle®, Alpo®, Beneful®, Nestlé Purina ONE Beyond®, Nestlé Purina ONE® and Pro Plan®.
As a Quality Analyst I, you will be responsible for testing samples of our finished products and communicating those test results with the appropriate departments. You will regularly interact with Production, Maintenance, and Product Safety. You will have the opportunity to cross-train and gain experience in multiple areas across QA to strengthen your skillset. Quality and safety are the promises we make on every bag, container, tub, and can – and we continue to deliver on that promise.
- Retrieve samples as requested for special audits, bacti testing, hold orders, etc.
- Perform tests for NIR (Protein, Fat, Moisture), Date Codes, Temperature/Condensation, Package Seals and other QA tests as required.
- Accurately record all test results and data in the quality management system.
- Communicate results of testing to packing, processing and management personnel and initiate hold orders if required.
- Support packing inspections at changeovers.
- Set up and maintain Sensory lab and product displays.
*Perform all other duties as assigned.*
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years of experience in quality, food manufacturing, lab or related environment or 2+ year degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field preferred
*Must be available to work weekend shifts 7pm-7am
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: QA Analyst I Primary Location: Denver, CO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005044