This job is archived
The Internal Audit Supervisor provides support and supervision to audit team members on more technical audit subject matter areas and serves as lead auditor of complex, non-standard risk-based audits in the strategic, financial, operational, compliance and operational efficiency reviews. In executing the audit plan, the Internal Audit Supervisor focuses on helping the organization to continuously improve operations, internal controls, and corporate governance at Zoetis globally and participates on strategic teams within Internal Audit to position the Department as a business partner and value-added resource to the organization.
- Supervise and provide technical expertise and support to audit team members on audit assignments, while also serving as lead auditor on complex engagements
- Guide the audit team in determining appropriate audit scope, key control objectives, and the design of audit testing to be performed
- Conduct onsite independent evaluations of Zoetis’ financial, operational, compliance control processes and systems worldwide to ensure Zoetis’ risks are properly managed.
- Understand and evaluate key risks and the effectiveness of management’s control and risk mitigation activities, synthesize results and conclusions.
- Review and evaluate operations including applicable IT systems for compliance with prevailing regulatory laws and requirements and Zoetis policies.
- Present results of audits to senior site and division management, including practical recommendations to address identified risks, requiring strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Prepare formal written reports setting forth recommendations for local, regional, and corporate management to strengthen and improve operations, as well as identify cost or efficiency savings.
- Actively participate in departmental and/or cross-functional teams addressing internal and external issues that support the department’s Strategic Business Framework. This may include owning key aspects of the audit approach for ensuring compliance with key initiatives (e.g. FCPA, GMP and risk management), laws and regulations or working on various special projects formulating business, operational and financial solutions that drive value and position the organization for opportunities.
- Provide audit support for external audits/integrated audits and miscellaneous department initiatives as needed.
Regional and Global business travel of approximately 20-25%.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Demonstrated supervisory abilities and project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of auditing, accounting, risk and control assessment, and IT controls.
- Ability to close out observations with management and take ownership throughout the entire audit process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective communication with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify root causes and accurately determine factual accuracy / conclude with process owners.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and the ability to integrate across multiple and varied business areas.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic thinking, innovation creativity, and project management.
- Act decisively, develops others, build effective teams.
- Understanding of audit methodology and use of various tools to facilitate the audit process.
- Ability to plan, lead, and execute multiple audits and ability to adapt as the audit progresses.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management to analyze risks and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance or similar field required; MA/MS/MBA preferred
- Professional designations - CPA, CISA, CFE, CRMA, and CIA preferred or working towards a certification.
- 5 to 9 years of auditing experience (internal/external) required; multi-national pharmaceutical experience a plus; international supply-chain experience a plus.
- Strong background in financial and Information Systems, prior experience with the US Compliance and Manufacturing supply chain requirements a plus.