This job is archived
- Position: Lab Technician
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Quality Assurance
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: USA
Alltech Inc. is a privately owned biotechnology company specializing in feed additives for animal health. We are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Technician with a minimum of 1 year of experience for the Alltech Analytical Services Laboratory. The selected candidate will assume this position as a part of an LC-MS/MS based mycotoxin analytical testing program in accordance with the ISO/IEC17025 testing laboratory accreditation.Responsibilities
- To perform all necessary and specified laboratory responsibilities in accordance with procedures and work instructions.
- Sample receipt and preparation for extraction and analysis. Samples consist of different matrices of animal feed.
- Prepare chemical solutions for the analysis of samples following established methods or develop and verify methods as needed.
- Record and properly document all analyses.
- Maintain laboratory and equipment records and document calibrations performed.
- Perform routine instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to promote quality initiatives.
- Participate in any/all audits.
- Ensure that laboratory area and equipment are always maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field and minimum of 1-year laboratory experience.
- Experience in Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) environments or equivalent.
- Ability to be flexible and analytical.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer experience, including Microsoft.
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent documentation skills.
- Focus and attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment.
Candidate must be vaccinated against COVID-19.More Info
Culture is a critical part of Alltech’s DNA. Our organizational values are our founding principles and are fundamental to our future. They represent our shared commitment to our customers, our colleagues and the more than 350 communities in which we live and work. To join Alltech is to commit to act with integrity, abide by our values and share in our mission of Working Together for a Planet of Plenty™.
Your résumé, completed assessments, and a variety of individual and group interviews will help us understand your overall profile and ability to excel in our dynamic environment.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefits package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.Contact Info