We’re a leader in the pet care industry, which means we’re not only ahead in volume, profit, and market share, we’re at the forefront of innovative product, process and packaging development that’s allowing us to lead the march in pushing pet nutrition, Treats and Litter Products forward. Our Mission is to Develop, Implement and Support quality packaging solutions that are safe and innovative. We create value by leveraging our technical expertise to strategically lead and effectively collaborate with our stakeholders to meet our customer’s needs.
As a Mechanical Packaging Specialist, you will provide leadership and support in the areas of machinery design, capability, evaluation, training, and modifications to fit divisional needs for packaging. This includes technical leadership in mechanical packaging technology. You will be responsible for expert technical assistance in packaging processes as well as quality issues, equipment and system design selection, evaluation, and/or recommendations.
We’ll count on you to leverage your sharp packaging background and experiences to help make our organization successful! We’re a culture that continuously challenges ourselves to Stand Taller and ask “What’s Next?” So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the ‘mix’?
- Ensure continuous improvement of the production facilities through coordination of process aspects in the manufacture of finished packaging equipment with optimum quality and affordability.
- Provide Technical Packaging support to a wide variety of internal customer groups to include Marketing, R&D, Support Center, Engineering, Operations, Quality Assurance, Product Services, Procurement, Production and Finance.
- Evaluate and recommend cost effective and capable packaging equipment solutions for existing products as well as new product innovations.
- Work closely with TAG (technical Applications Group) Technical Packaging and Procurement on container functional specifications to ensure proper machine-container interaction to achieve optimal performance of both machinery and containers.
*All other duties as assigned.
*Position requires ~50-60% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, packaging, engineering or related field.
- 1+ years of packaging experience in formats such as flexible, ridged, cartons, multi-wall bags, consumer products, industrial, pharmaceutical and/or medical devices.
- 2-3 years of packaging experience in formats such as flexible, ridged, cartons, multi-wall bags, consumer products, industrial, pharmaceutical and/or medical devices.
*Level of position determinant upon background and relevant experience.
*Willing and able to travel up to 50-60% of the time.
It is our business imperative to remain an inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="font-size:10.0pt"> to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.