With the roots of a railroad town, Hager City is one of our two factories in Wisconsin. Hager City is an hour east of Minneapolis and about 250 miles from our location in Jefferson, WI. Here, more than 50 employees support the production of wet and dry coatings for any one of our pet food brands.
As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for equipment and factory layout design, development and implementation of capital program and key projects, general upkeep and improvement of factory facility, electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of physical factory, utilities, and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. You will work with cross-functional groups of employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects as well as hold budgetary responsibility for assigned projects.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Lead and manage assigned capital projects to include new equipment installations, factory layout and design, manufacturing automation projects, and maintenance related projects.
- Develop scope of work and evaluates bids for work completion.
- Monitor outside contractors to assure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity, and budgeting.
- Direct the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects.
- Working knowledge of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and solid waste.
- Research energy utilization to continually reduce energy costs.
- Responsible for the cost schedule and performance of assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM):
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related
- Experience (Years/Type): 2+ years of experience in an engineering or project management role within a manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View]
or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View]