As a Digital Product Owner for Just Right Pet Food, you’ll be responsible for bringing the expertise and collaboration skills needed to bridge the gap between business and technology and bring winning direct-to-consumer experiences to life. You will be the go-to individual for delivering on the digital product roadmap for one of Purina’s most critical direct-to-consumer brands, JustRightPetFood.com.
You'll partner with the Just Right Digital Product Manager to develop consumer-driven product roadmap ideas and break them down into epics, features, user stories and acceptance criteria that are ready for implementation. As a key member of the agile product development team, you’ll drive backlog grooming, sprint planning, and release management activities with a team of developers, designers, business analysts, and scrum master. You’ll also work with commercial and insights team members to feed consumer insights and optimization areas into the product backlog for continuous improvement.
The right person for this role is a results-driven collaborator who can roll up their sleeves to continuously ship consumer and business value in an agile way. You should have a knack for bringing clarity to the ambiguous and breaking down big, complex ideas into clear, focused actions. You can balance an MVP, iterative mindset with the desire to deliver excellent consumer experiences, and you’re a highly collaborative, curious student of the business.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Be a voice for the business and the consumer within your digital development team squad, bridging business, technology and consumer needs to deliver continuous product value with each sprint
- Collaborate with commercial, creative and UX/UI teams to develop assets for features and enhancements. Review wireframes and designs for alignment with marketing objectives and industry best practices
- Partner with the Digital Product Manager to groom, refine, and prioritize the product backlog based on ongoing assessments of impact, effort, business goals, and consumer value
- Participate and represent the business in necessary Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, grooming, standups, demos, and retrospectives. Embrace an agile, iterative mindset by breaking down product roadmap items into epics, features and stories and prioritizing them strategically into sprints and releases
- Write business requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria that capture the goals of the end user and provide clear direction for the team of product designers and developers.
- Ensure backlog items are successfully implemented through daily collaboration with the development team, including completion of PO review for all stories within each sprint cycle
- Partner with Scrum Master to report on and review key delivery metrics, including velocity, burndowns, defect rates, etc. for your squad
- Partner with analytics teammates to report on digital product KPIs, incorporating new insights and priorities into the product roadmap as appropriate. Be an active participant in commercial team monthly business reviews, providing results and insights from KPIs and consumer engagement.
- Work with agencies, internal analytics team and development team to ensure proper execution of robust GA tagging strategy throughout the site to enable in-depth business, marketing & user behavior analysis
- Maintain continuous communication with broader team and other stakeholders throughout roadmapping, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and release planning/management
- Work collaboratively with development and QA teams to develop and execute an effective strategy for user acceptance and performance testing
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT PURINA:
- Comprehensive benefits package that enables you to support yourself and your family.
- Continuous opportunity to strive for innovation, process improvement, and breaking company boundaries all while maintaining a balance in your personal life.
- Being a part of a culture that stands tall with Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance and Expertise.
- Setting the stage for innovation, best practices, and ways of working for the New Business Models team – a high-growth, high-impact team operating with a start-up mentality within Purina.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GROW & SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Information Technology
- 3+ years’ experience as an agile product owner or related functionality working directly with a software development team required
- Experience with delivering and driving performance for an eCommerce digital product required
- Experience evaluating UX wireframes and UI deliverables, familiarity with industry best practices required
- Experience with consumer-facing web applications and eCommerce (i.e. eCommerce platforms/CMS; Magento) preferred
- Familiarity with JIRA, Salesforce and other eCommerce, project management and ticketing software platforms preferred
- Knowledge pulling data and creating insights with various UX and web analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Usabilia, SessionCam, etc.
- Experience authoring user stories and business requirement documents for implementation by software development teams
- Ability to decompose product roadmap and backlog items into epics, features, and user stories for agile development
- Comfortable performing troubleshooting on technical solutions with team members and agency partners
- An analytical and strategic thinker, able to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise
- Excellent prioritization skills, and a focus on owning a project through all stages of execution
- An eye for detail (design, process, organization) and demonstrate a consumer first mindset
- Proactive, resourceful, solution oriented; exercises good judgement, problem solves
- Strong cross-functional communication skills with both technical and non-technical business partners
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.