The Principal Project Manager plays a key role in leading new product design and development initiatives for Global Biodevices. This position will enable product teams to successfully meet company objectives including meeting or exceeding design requirements while adhering to schedule and cost targets. The role will require engineering skills or equivalent knowledge to facilitate quick and logical project decisions and work prioritization. The role will have a thorough understanding of engineering, manufacturing, and biological testing. This position, in concert with the project technical lead, leads development initiative projects through an internal matrix organization in addition to managing external consulting and design firms as applicable.
* In coordination with the project technical lead, leads projects through facilitation of team efforts in solving complex technical problems by applying a broad multi-disciplinary knowledge.
* Provides project management for multiple new product development and /or technology development projects, from design concepts to full manufacturing introduction.
* Responsibilities include but are not limited to understanding and facilitating development of sub-system architecture, system requirements documents, concept design, modeling/simulation, proposal and cost preparation, detailed mechanical and/or electrical engineering designs, component/sub-system specification and sourcing, system Integration, validation and verification as well as field integration.
* Develop and manage project budgets, schedules and risks for all aspects of product development. Ensure all plans and project status are accurately represented in the Zoetis Enterprise Resource Planning system (EPM).
* Responsible for the implementation of a phased stage-gate process for new product development including ensuring all required deliverables are completed according to plans and that the stage-gate decision material is properly prepared.
* Works with Global Commercial Development (GCD), Sales, Field Service, Quality Control, Manufacturing and Purchasing to ensure a successful product launch.
* Manage/support internal/external contract design resources as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BSME/BSEE or equivalent (MSME or MSEE, Preferred) with 12-15 years of hands-on design and/or research experience, including project management and team lead roles. Preference is for new product development experience directing engineering teams and/or projects including experience with hardware, software and controls.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
* Demonstrated experience leading cross functional project teams in a matrix environment and using a stage-gate product life cycle management process.
* Demonstrated design or test experience or knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and software systems preferably related to automated equipment.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Familiar with Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), design for Six Sigma and Lean techniques. Knowledgeable in safety compliance regulations, i.e., CE, IEC and their application to machine safety.
* Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required.
* Must be able to influence senior leaders in the organization and produce well thought out and complete decision material.
* Forward thinking team player who can challenge the team to think outside of the box.
* Creative problem solver with ability to execute ideas and stay focused on the end goal.
* Flexible and adaptive; able to explore many ideas simultaneously.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
* Proficient in Microsoft Products including Project, Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Mostly office and laboratory environment, Ability to travel as needed to visit vendors, attend meetings and customer sites (hatcheries).Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.