This job is archived
Zoetis, Veterinary Medicine Research & Development
Diagnostics Project Manager
This position will be responsible to provide Project Management expertise to multiple cross-site, cross-functional Diagnostic project development teams to ensure alignment of strategic and operational objectives. Product profiles and project complexity will vary, requiring planning and execution of assay, consumable and/or instrument (hardware/software) development. This position will lead the creation of robust project plans to optimize schedule, investment and risk strategies for new products and life-cycle enhancements. Throughout the dynamic life of each project this position will be expected to closely collaborate with project teams for proactive identification of issues or opportunities in order to guide teams with sound decision-making methodology towards recommendations which ensure deliverables are met or exceeded. Communication and time management skills will be key within this high priority, fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Co-lead the process for asset valuation; constructing project development scenarios with estimates of timing, cost, and resources ultimately resulting in the recommendation of the optimal project progression strategy to the business.
- Lead the project team through work breakdown structure exercises to produce thorough and high-quality plans with buy-in from all team members and stakeholders.
- Plan, document, and execute all phases of the project lifecycle including scope, requirements, schedule, budget, and dependency management.
- Aid in development and progression of key milestones (stage gates, go/no-go, technical achievements, regulatory submissions/approvals)
- Lead risk/opportunity assessments with the teams and explore options for proactive mitigation or acceleration scenarios that balance cost, timing, and product profile.
- When issues arise, work with project teams to develop options for resolution that can avoid or reduce negative impact to project execution.
- Support the preparation of project proposals, stage gate documentation, progress updates, change requests, governance presentations, and other communications as needed.
- Manage stakeholder awareness and updates on project status with appropriate analysis of downstream impacts on risk, timing and cost.
- Provide guidance and coordination to Project Teams for product development processes such as full development planning, change management, launch planning, operating plan, portfolio prioritization, governance project status updates, etc.
- Share best in practice techniques and process with peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, engineering or business field with a minimum of 5-7 years previous project management experience with demonstrated ability to influence project teams and stakeholders in a complex business environment using formal project management methodologies
- Experience in diagnostic (or medical device) software and/or hardware development and testing
- Able to use critical path management methodologies to inform and influence team decisions
- Able to build and manage budget and resource projections
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to proactively evaluate risk and recommend effective mitigation strategies through strategic scenario modeling and decision analysis
- Experience employing both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with modeling and simulation of project progression and scenarios
- Clear and effective presentation build and delivery skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must effectively facilitate project, governance and department interactions as well as build trust and credibility through global cross-site relationships
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities in order to meet business and personal development goals
- Able to see the big picture while not losing sight of important details.
- High level of demonstrated competency using Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Diagnostic (instruments, consumables, and assays) product development process
- Working knowledge of Jira product management software
- Experience using Enterprise Project Management (EPM), Chronicle Graphics OnePager Pro, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, SAP, PLM, Power BI
- Working knowledge of advanced decision analysis tools and systems; decision quality, decision analysis, probabilistic distributions & analysis
- Experience creating and managing project KPIs