For thirty years, Nestle Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home to two facilities, a wet pet food factory and our Product Technology Center (PTC). Located an hour north of Kansas City, the community of 77,000 people is packed with character and a rich history - just like Nestle Purina is. The city was recognized with the All-America City Award, given to communities with citizens who work together to pinpoint and address community-wide challenges and achieve exceptional results.
As the Senior Technician, you’ll be responsible for cross-functional communication within Petcare and externally with product development project leaders. You will focus on organizing, scheduling, supporting, and liaising with veterinary, laboratory and PetCare teams to plan and execute nutrition trials. Additionally, you’ll ensure valid data collection and reporting that supports business objectives under general supervision.
- Review and provide thoughtful insight on nutrition protocols to ensure successful trial execution (includes, but is not limited to, discussions with scientists about procedures and resources, editing current trial requests to reflect changes based on new information or errors, and ensure appropriate signatures are obtained)
- Coordinate/schedule, organize, prepare and/or assist with many procedures requested in nutrition protocols (varies based on protocol but may require significant time dedication and time management)
- Communicate with other PetCare groups to ensure trial work is scheduled accurately and appropriate people resources have been reserved for trial data collection
- Communicate with the project leader to clarify any questions from PetCare and to align on business prioritization where applicable
- Train others on specific analyses, including but not limited to, malodor collection/analysis, activity monitors, DEXA/QMR, glucose monitors, etc.
- Support data management in timely manner; review, validate, and provide study data to scientists
- Maintain records including PetCare population reporting
- Maintain and practice continuous improvement in equipment, procedures and processes that increase consistency, efficiency, proper execution of nutrition protocols, and maximize data accuracy
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment, and practice work area safety
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures and protocols in the Nestlé Purina PTC PetCare Manual, QMS and GLP
- Advanced training or experience in animal science, nutrition, or behavior
- Proficient in performing related clinical laboratory procedures
- Has routinely led execution of non-standard trials/tests
- Demonstrated skill handling pets
- Aptitude for electronic equipment used for data collection
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Biology, or similar related discipline OR Associates degree in Veterinary Technology plus 2 years’ experience
- 3 years’ minimum clinical veterinary or animal research experience is required, 5 years’ experience is preferred
- Good teamwork, interpersonal, communication, organization, math and writing skills
- Proficiency with computer programs (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and problem-solving skills
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Senior Technician - Data (Associate Technologist) Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US Other Location: United States-- Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21006109