Our Nestlé Purina factory in Dunkirk is strategically located along Lake Erie’s Historic Chadwick Bay Harbor, which is situated 50 miles southwest of Buffalo, New York. With miles of Great Lakes waterfront and beaches, ski resorts, vineyards and boutique wineries, our associates are proud to call Dunkirk a hidden gem. Since its opening in 1971, various expansions to the processing and warehousing towers have taken place to accommodate increasing production of great brands like Pro Plan®, Beggin®, T-Bonz®, and Busy®. In 2016, the facility accomplished “Zero Waste to Landfill” status meaning all discarded materials are directed to destinations that specialize in recovering the ecological and/or economic value of the material. As a part of Nestlé sustainability efforts, we’ve also decreased our water usage by 20% since 2012 and power our production using 65% renewable energy, a number that continues to increase.
As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for equipment and factory layout design, development and implementation of capital program and key projects, general upkeep and improvement of factory facility, electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of physical factory, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. You will work with cross-functional groups of employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects as well as hold budgetary responsibility for assigned projects.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Lead and manage assigned capital projects to include new equipment installations, factory layout and design, manufacturing automation projects, and maintenance related projects.
- Develop scope of work and evaluates bids for work completion.
- Monitor outside contractors to assure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity, and budgeting.
- Direct the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects.
- Working knowledge of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and solid waste.
- Research energy utilization to continually reduce energy costs.
- Responsible for the cost schedule and performance of assigned projects.
Other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATION (Minimum)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering or project management role within a manufacturing, industrial, military environment, or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.