We planted our roots in St. Louis calling it home back in 1894. Since then, we’ve expanded our manufacturing to 21 facilities across the United States and St. Louis has grown into what some would call a “hidden gem”. This “big city with a small-town feel” has everything you need and more— a rich culture with world-class schools and healthcare, an affordable cost of living and a neighborhood for every lifestyle. Hours from other major metro’s or minutes from a bustling downtown, serene parks and outdoors—join us in calling St. Louis home.
As a Senior/Expert Project Engineer, you will manage small, minor, and major capital projects from end to end and all key components of major capital projects (concept, scope, cost, resources, funding, etc.) You will maintain visibility to the design process and assure adherence to all established key components and project deliverables as well as directly manage overall project execution including construction and commissioning. Additionally, you will coordinate with the client as well as various other groups inside and outside of the organization.
Note: This role will require ~30% travel.
- Assist in development of pre-project approval documents including project charter, project management plan, project kick start, estimate and milestone schedule creation.
- Monitor design progress and deliverables are met in adherence to established project key components.
- Receive design details from design team with full understanding of project deliverables to coordinate bid package development and release for construction bidding and field execution.
- Select contractors and contracting methods based on engineering ways of working methodology.
- Direct and execute installation, construction, and commissioning of assigned projects.
- Manage adherence to project scope and secure approvals for all changes in projects based on engineering ways of working methodology.
- Manage and control project budget providing cost forecasts and cash flow projections through development of project cost and status reports on at least a monthly basis or as requested by project stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain project milestone schedules with integrated detailed scheduling as agreed upon in the project charter.
- Provide construction management and plant startup assistance as needed to ensure successful project execution
- Evaluate, select, and issue contracts for construction firms through bidding and prequalification vetting processes.
- Provide self-directed project management of assigned projects from end to end with minimal supervision from department manager.
- Monitor work output from less senior engineers on the project team as assigned by the department manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of project management experience in a manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment
- Preferred: 7+ years of project management experience in a manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment
- Preferred: Experience using SAP and/or Microsoft Project
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.