For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for equipment and plant layout design, development and implementation of capital program and key projects, general upkeep and improvement of plant facility, electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. You will work with cross-functional groups of employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects as well as hold budgetary responsibility for assigned projects.
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources following the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the Project Management Activity
- Participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Lead and manage assigned capital projects to include new equipment installations, plant layout and design, manufacturing automation projects, and maintenance related projects.
- Develop scope of work and evaluates bids for work completion.
- Monitor outside contractors to assure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity and budgeting.
- Direct the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects.
- Working knowledge of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and solid waste.
- Research energy utilization to continually reduce energy costs.
- Responsible for the cost schedule and performance of assigned projects.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 2+ years’ in a maintenance role with capital project management experience in a food manufacturing, industrial, military or related environment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="color:black"> or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .Job: Staff Engineer (Manufacturing Engineer) Primary Location: Edmond, OK US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21005380