Associate Technician Pilot Plant
Nestle Purina PetCare
For thirty years, Nestle Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home to two facilities, a wet pet food factory and our Product Technology Center (PTC). Located an hour north of Kansas City, the community of 77,000 people is packed with character and a rich history - just like Nestle Purina is. The city was recognized with the All-America City Award, given to communities with citizens who work together to pinpoint and address community-wide challenges and achieve exceptional results.
As the Associate Technician, you’ll be responsible for planning, organizing, and performing the necessary functions to maintain the Pilot Plant facility, and/or equipment with minimal supervision.
- Organize and prepare formulations, as per company requirements, and perform pilot plant trials in a safe and efficient manner under supervision
- Set-up, operate and clean food-processing equipment under supervision
- Maintain equipment in good sanitary and working condition
- Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary work area
- Organize and record data as outlined in the pilot plant request
- Prepare summaries of trial results with recommendations for processing/product improvements based on observations
- Working skills/knowledge of equipment and unit operations in the pilot plant
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, Good Laboratory and Good Manufacturing Practices (GLP & GMP)
- Practice safety in the work area
- Provide hands on support to Project Leaders, Pilot Plant Team Members, and others in pilot plant with preparation, execution, follow up, review and process improvement with trial work.
- Light mechanical repair/plumbing as required
- Interact with project teams and participate in project discussions as required
- Actively participate in cross-training as needed as well as learning new skills required due to technology advances
- Reviews/Updates SOP’s and SSOP’s
- Travel as required for training
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High School Diploma (or GED) is required
- Basic Computer literacy is required
- Good mechanical skills or aptitude is required
- Ability to become a licensed forklift operator is required
- Good teamwork, interpersonal, communication, organization, math and writing skills is required
- Working knowledge of factory pet food/food processing equipment and operations are preferred
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service