Fort Dodge is considered a regional hub for retail and recreation, located just 90 minutes north of Des Moines, IA. Fort Dodge prides itself on its strong sense of community and we can proudly say the say the same for our Fort Dodge Nestlé Purina Family – a small and passionate family producing brands you know and pets love including Friskies® and Mighty Dog®.
As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for equipment and plant layout design, development and implementation of capital program and key projects, general upkeep and improvement of plant facility, electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. You will work with cross-functional groups of employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects as well as hold budgetary responsibility for assigned projects.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Lead and manage assigned capital projects to include new equipment installations, plant layout and design, manufacturing automation projects, and maintenance related projects.
- Develop scope of work and evaluates bids for work completion.
- Monitor outside contractors to assure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity, and budgeting.
- Direct the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects.
- Working knowledge of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and solid waste.
- Research energy utilization to continually reduce energy costs.
- Responsible for the cost schedule and performance of assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of capital project management experience in a production, military, or fast paced environment.
- 1+ years of budget management experience in a production, military, or fast paced environment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .Job: Staff Engineer Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21005213