What if we could extend the life and cognitive function in maturing dogs and cats? What if we could eliminate dog breath and improve the vision of your cat? What if we told you we’re already doing it? We’re at the forefront of innovative product development that’s improving the lives of dogs and cats everywhere. Creating food for pets that heals joint pain and enhances cognitive function is a small ‘taste’ of what the faces behind our formulas are working on every day.
As the Systems Biology Bioinformatician, you’ll be able part of the creation and development of computational solutions for problems in biology, working with data from omics technology platforms including, genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, microbiome, and physiological/biochemical pathways.
You will collaborate with subject matter experts, analyze, and model data, develop algorithms (AI/ML/DL/NN) that translate a pet’s unique data into meaningful, actionable insights.
You’ll be able to use a diverse array of technologies and tools to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Google analytics, etc. in the development of these algorithms.
As a member on an agile team with a global responsibility you’ll have the opportunity to play a central role in developing and shaping the future efforts in this fast-moving area for Nestlé Purina PetCare (NPPC).
- Consult with scientists from different areas in the design and analysis of experiments.
- 2Keep current in the latest analytical methods and lead analytical method development and programming to address study requirements.
- Perform appropriate analytical modeling and/or analysis of project data, interpreting results and preparing summaries and reports.
- Perform exploratory analyses of data as requested to explore for patterns and trends from past studies.
- Propose, develop, and implement innovative concepts based on data and ongoing research strategies
- Present key insights from data to various audiences including senior leadership, to support actionable next steps
- Keep current in field and maintain a high level of expertise
- Actively acts as a consulting expert within Nestlé Purina in area of technical expertise
- Proven ability and willingness to mentor and guide the less experienced technical staff
- Mentoring and guidance as required for assigned projects
- Supervision required should be minimal
- Practice safety in the work area
- Additional duties as assigned
- Travel as necessary
- Ability to translate objectives into project plans and lead and manage projects to successful end points
- Ability to work with internal/external customers to assess needs, aid, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills and verbal/written communication to non-technical audiences
- PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Biophysics or related fields is required
- 5 years minimum experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning and/or neural networks is required
- Experience extracting, cleaning, preparing, and modeling data (command-line scripting, data structures) is required
- Experience in statistical programming and programming languages (R, Python) is preferred
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure is preferred
- Proficiency in SQL (HANA/Azure) to execute basic data engineering activities is preferred
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé.
The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .Job: Bioinformatician (Systems Biology) Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21005049