Our factory in Jefferson, Wisconsin is located in the southern part of the state at the confluence of the Rock and Crawfish rivers. We are one of the largest manufacturers within the area, shipping thousands of truckloads and railcars of product annually, including brands like Fancy Feast®, Elegant Medley®, Friskies® and Pro Plan®. Of this mass production, our Jefferson factory donates 1.2 million cans of food per year to support over 40 animal shelters and organizations.
As a Staff Engineer (Electrical) you are responsible for managing capital and expense projects from project origination to project completion, with minimal direction from the Engineering Manager. In this role you will interface with the plant as necessary to assist with keeping plant operations running at optimum performance, including project management activities related to PLC and HIM systems.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary cost evaluations and or feasibility studies for the long-range budgeting program as requested by Management.
- Manages the preparation of designs, layouts and detailed drawings relative to assigned projects.
- Develops and manages necessary project scopes, bid and contract documents for contractors and vendors. Includes development of theory of controls and the execution of the integration either by self or through contractors.
- Secures bids from contractors and vendors, selects and then managers their progress through project completion.
- Works with facility operations/maintenance to address and improve equipment or process performance problems.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in and Engineering discipline required.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in plant engineering or electrical project management in a manufacturing, production, military, or related environment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Staff Engineer (Electrical) Primary Location: Jefferson, WI US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21004507