Resting at 7,000 feet and surrounded by the San Francisco Peaks, the scenic city of Flagstaff remains an important distribution site for large manufacturers, like Nestlé Purina. Just a stone’s throw from downtown, where the city’s culture comes to life, our Nestlé Purina Family in Flagstaff experiences the best of both worlds: the city and the mountains. Annually, we mass manufacture 270,000 tons of dry pet food from our Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Nestlé Purina ONE®, Alpo® and Pro Plan® brands – and we’re doing it all underneath 70,000 square feet of solar panels to draw nearly 12 million kilowatt hours of clean emission-free solar electricity.
As the Staff Engineer, you will play a key role in the capital projects happening within our Flagstaff facility. Day-to-day, you will manage capital projects from beginning to end, including concept, scope, estimate, cost, resources, and funding. The design and implementation process will be core functions of your role – and we will challenge you to do it with integrity, passion, expertise, performance, and innovation. In this role, you will be the voice of your larger team as you coordinate cross-functionally with employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects.
Most important to remember is that regardless of which factory you join, we’re all family. Your needs are our responsibility — job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But we leave it up to you to shape our future. Feel empowered to innovate. Share ideas. Do what’s never been done before. Dare to Stand Taller.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities
- Development of design/solutions in accordance with engineering safety, production, sanitary, and accounting procedures and specifications
- Direct the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects
- Monitor outside contractors to assure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity, and budgeting
- Preparation of estimates, schedules and issuance of all documents/drawings for construction on assigned projects
- Evaluate bids, award contracts, and issue purchase orders and provide engineering consulting service to business teams
- All other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or related discipline
Experience: 2+ years of experience in process, project, and/or design engineering within a manufacturing, production, warehouse, or military related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
Job: Staff Engineer
Primary Location: Flagstaff, AZ US
Career Area: Professional
Nestle Purina PetCare Company