We’re working on innovative foods and formulas that rival healthcare, pharma, human food, and tech companies are the world—foods and formulas that can extend the lives and cognitive function in maturing dogs and cats. We’re developing ways to improve the vision of cats and minimize pet allergies through quality nutrition. We were the first ever to extrude dry dog food and we’re backed by a lengthy list of patents—a portfolio of industry firsts.
Over 500 scientists make everything we think about come to life. We’re nutritionists, chemists, immunologists, microbiologists, veterinarians, and the alike. But, what we do stretches far beyond our titles. It’s a dare we accepted from the very beginning – the dare to ‘Stand Taller’.
As the Lead Statistician, you will lead and guide a small group of less experienced technical staff and help to refine strategy, develop team members, and prioritize and balance workload, across the group. You will also be responsible for providing senior level statistical expertise to the organization, including experimental design, data analysis, animal study size and sample size justification, and exploratory and final data analyses using SAS, R programming, and other mainstream statistical analysis software. You will support nutritional research, product development and process development across the Purina R&D groups.
- Proven ability and willingness to lead, guide and mentor a team of less experienced statisticians
- Foster a collaborative team environment and delegate projects or tasks to statistical team members
- Manage priorities for statistics team in collaboration with other group leaders and scientists
- Provide mentoring and feedback on career development paths to team members
- Provide statistical support to groups within the NPP R&D organization.
- Consult on clinical trial design (internally and with CROs) to ensure study appropriateness, prove efficacy and support claims.
- Keep current in the latest statistical methods and lead statistical method development and programming to address study requirements
- Perform appropriate statistical modeling and/or analysis of project data, interpreting statistical results and preparing summary reports
- Work with and manipulate large datasets and perform analyses of data as requested to explore patterns and trends from past studies
- Prepare presentations on statistical methods to be presented to project leaders and non-technical groups
- Provide training to R&D teams as needed in experimental design, statistical data analysis
- Review and comment on statistic statements for regulatory (IACUC) documents and study design protocols
- Identify ways to improve productivity (i.e., develop automated programs for routine analyses, create tools for scientists to use for regular analyses, create standards for data formatting and statistical requests, etc.)
- Develop best practices/techniques for specialized statistical analyses, and write/contribute to abstracts and manuscripts
- Actively acts as a consulting expert within Nestlé Purina in area of technical expertise
- Travel as necessary
- Proven experience leading and developing a team of statisticians
- Self-Starter with the ability to work within a team structure and independently as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Good sense of business/technical interrelationships
- Experience with human or animal clinical study design and analysis
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Master’s degree in Statistics or related mathematical sciences is required
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in clinical research or related industry or equitable experience is required
- Experience with statistical software for analysis of research data (SAS and R programming) is required
- Leadership skills with the ability to effectively coach, mentor and manage people is required
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects is required
- Experience with design and analysis of research experiments for product development is required
- Experience with analysis of variance, regression analysis, mixed models’ analysis, generalized linear models, categorical data analysis, non-parametric methods, multivariate method, and sampling is required
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze data from any source is preferred
- Ability to understand client needs and to communicate technical concepts clearly, concisely, and understandably to non-statistical colleagues is preferred
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.