Aside from its 300 days of annual sunshine, breathtaking scenery and remaining a mecca for some of the country’s best brews, Denver has consistently ranked in the ‘Top 10 pet-loving cities’ and ‘Top 5 dog-friendly cities’ year over year. Purina has a proud presence in this mile-high city, having been in operation since 1930. Its first 42 years in operation were primarily to produce livestock feed until the plant transitioned into a pet food-only manufacturer in 1972. Since then, the location became the first-ever pet food factory to utilize solar energy. To date, we’re proud to sustainably produce 260,134 tons annually of Dog Chow®, Cat Chow®, Kit n Kaboodle®, Alpo®, Beneful®, Purina ONE Beyond®, Purina ONE® and Pro Plan®.
As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for equipment and plant layout design, development and implementation of capital program and key projects, general upkeep and improvement of plant facility, electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. You will work with cross-functional groups of employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects as well as hold budgetary responsibility for assigned projects.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Lead and manage assigned capital projects to include new equipment installations, plant layout and design, manufacturing automation projects, and maintenance related projects.
- Develop scope of work and evaluates bids for work completion.
- Monitor outside contractors to assure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity and budgeting.
- Direct the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects.
- Working knowledge of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and solid waste.
- Research energy utilization to continually reduce energy costs.
- Responsible for the cost schedule and performance of assigned projects.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years of capital project management experience in a manufacturing, industrial, military or related environment.
This position has a minimum salary of $76,000. Please note that the salary provided is a good faith estimate for the position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
When you choose a career at Nestlé Purina PetCare Company (Purina), you may gain access to a variety of valuable benefits you can elect for yourself or family. When you elect your benefits, you and Purina partner together to manage costs for medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage. You may also choose to set aside tax-free money by electing one of three Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or a Health Spending Account (HSA) to best meet your and your family’s needs. You are eligible for the Nestlé 401K Savings Plan with company-matched contributions (up to a limit) and an annual retirement contribution to help you save for retirement and may be eligible for a retirement pension benefit. We also offer other benefits such as an extensive Parental Support Policy, providing 26 weeks of leave, the first 18 weeks at 100% pay for the primary care giver of a newborn child under six months of age, and adoption assistance. Purina offers earned vacation, sick and personal time for you to use throughout the year. Purina typically honors paid 10 holidays throughout the year.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .