This job is archived
The Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD) Diagnostics group is looking for technical lead and manager to lead a team of engineers to support on-going feature development, enhancements and fixes for veterinarian diagnostics analyzer instruments and ecosystem for companion and livestock animals around the world. The VMRD Diagnostics software team is responsible for the development of analyzer instrument firmware and software supporting the latest technology and practices. This includes a cloud connected architecture which will support an entire portfolio of products used by customers around the world in an expanding and dynamic market. The software product support manager will be primarily responsible for leading a team for post launch development and support.
- Lead a team of direct reports for on-going product support
- Work with product management to refine and prioritize backlog items and plan releases
- Work with project managers in tracking development activities leading up to release
- Lead and provide technical direction for product support software for enhancements, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Deliver and drive new processes within the product support organization
- Lead software risk assessment and compliance requirements (SW FMEA)
- Actively participate from concept to launch for new product development with R&D and commercial teams
- Lead and facilitate transfer of knowledge and technology from product development software team
- Lead requirements elicitation and systems analysis
- Assist with system integration, build and release activities
- Develop and validate embedded software that interfaces with customer-facing front end as well as external applications.
- Participate from RFP to product handoff for new products developed by OEM partners
- Collaborate with R&D software team to ensure consistency with design principles, good development practices, and team processes and procedures.
- Adapt when changes in the business environment dictate changes in priorities to meet the customer needs.
- Interact extensively with counterparts on cross-functional project teams, including Zoetis Commerical Development, Product Management, Global Manufacturing and Supply, and Information Services to ensure alignment of diagnostic R&D software development and release strategy with internal and external requirements, and to ensure that the delivered products will meet customer needs and drive value for Zoetis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field. Advanced degree (MS/PhD) preferred.
- 12+ years of experience developing commercial software for embedded devices. Medical devices experience is big plus
- Proficient with all phases of the software development lifecycle: Design, Development, Testing and Deployment
- Experience in people management
- A documented track record of successful launch and on going support of software-driven devices.
- Demonstrated experience in core embedded development from bare metal, RTOS and embedded Linux and Windows environment.
- Extensive experience in developing Linux and Windows based embedded systems.
- Experience in embedded real-time software applications with numerical analysis and algorithm development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with (but not limited to) C, C++, C#, Python or similar programming languages
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and OO programming
- Extensive experience creating, presenting, and refining clear, compelling technical specifications from top-level system architecture documents down to low-level implementation guides and test plans
- Experience in configuration management, automated testing, and software verification and validation.
- Experience in leading technical projects and teams with project planning and tracking experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including negotiating, decision by consensus and problem solving.
- Experience with medical device development and/or any regulated environment
- Experience with an Agile methodology of software development.
- Experience in embedded and internet security.
- Demonstrated experience in working as part of a geographically dispersed team.