***THIS IS AN 18-MONTH CONTINGENT POSITION***
Position is located in St. Louis, MO. Local/Remote Candidates will be considered.
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Nestle Purina PetCare, we are passionate about transforming the lives of pets and the people who love them. A key ambition of ours is to deliver new-to-world solutions that give pet owners the confidence and reassurance they are seeking in the decisions they make every day regarding their pets behavior, health and nutrition needs. We aim to do this by developing digital products and services for pet owners and vets that translate each pets data into current and predictive insights unique to each pet. To deliver on this ambition, we are looking for an exceptional Infrastructure development lead with experience leading teams responsible for developing infrastructure platforms supporting AI and other Machine-Learning (ML) product development.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to leverage this experience to create and lead a team responsible for designing, building and running a global AI/ML infrastructure platform team. In this role, you’ll define infrastructure development strategies, own the platform technical roadmap and work closely with leaders of pet data acquisition, data science and AI-UX teams to deliver advanced analytics solutions that transform the lives of pets and the people who love them.
The Nestle Purina PetCare Companies Global Digital Solutions Group is seeking a dynamic and skilled infrastructure lead with domain expertise in Data Science and who will develop and execute long-term strategy for accelerating development of reliable Data Science services. This role is a key member of the dynamic new digital product development group’s leadership team responsible for Purina’s global expansion in “smart” and connected-pet product development. This position is responsible to plan, execute and deliver all infrastructure and software development processes, workflows and tools enabling the groups development, testing and deployment of all digital, AI and pet-expert algorithm product requirements.
This position performs as the infrastructure lead for the group with responsibility to develop the coordinated plan for the growth of the groups infrastructure team and resources. In the near-term, this person will manage a range of “bootstrapped” development processes, workflows and tools supporting the ongoing development of a range of smart pet-products. Over time, this person will lead the group’s transition to standard processes, workflows and tools that integrate the groups work across all smart pet products and data streams being acquired and used to generate pet behavior, health and nutrition insights via AI and pet-expert algorithm development.
1. Lead development of the infrastructure required to support development of Purina’s connected-pet AI products and services.
2. Work closely with product teams to improve and support their development and release processes. This will include developing and maintaining in-house tools and scripts to support the product development team’s needs.
3. Scoping and defining strategies for robust data collection at scale, contributing to data labelling and annotation efforts and effectiveness in accelerating high quality data science deliverables.
4. Engaging in strategic discussions to identify problems while measuring and improving the quality of workflows.
5. Identify and implement opportunities to improve tooling and implementation of scalable solutions.
1. Design continuous delivery pipelines for scalable, distributed solutions on the cloud.
2. Possess a clear grasp of the fundamentals of microservices, containers and their orchestration
3. Knowledgeable of requirements to operate and monitor cloud deployments
4. Experienced in implementing data warehouse and analytics solutions
5. Working knowledge and experience in use of Big Data Platforms
6. Good understanding of IaC tooling (e.g. Terraform)
7. Knowledgeable and experienced in Application CICD implementations using (for example) GitHub, Jenkins and Nexus
8. Competent in one of more scripting languages
9. Ideally, possesses:
? Knowledge of NodeJS, Python, Java or .NET
? Deep understanding of networking technologies including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS
? DevOps and Agile Methodologies
? Certified Data Engineer in AWS, Azure or GCP
? Certified Cloud Architect in AWS, Azure or GCP
1. Policy Alignment. Conduct all activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and all required Company policies and procedures.
2. Safety. Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment. Practice safety in the work area.
3. Quality. Support quality assurance and regulatory compliance of all work performed.
4. Travel. Travel as necessary (estimated not to exceed 15%-20%). Advocate for, and use, agile digital product development methodologies.
5. Actively work to deliver products that meet consumer and business needs.
6. Work effectively within cross-functional project teams to achieve excellent results
7. Additional duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• 7 years experience leading teams that have successfully delivered infrastructure platform services to internal and/or external customers
• Demonstrated influence on product/technical direction through customer advocacy
• Driven projects from inception to production
• In-depth experience building solutions using public clouds (AWS, Azure, Firebase, etc)
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly
• Demonstrated experience working with agile teams to develop, deploy and enhance high-performing data science deliverables.
• PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or related fields.
• This position reports to the Director, Digital Solutions Group.
***THIS IS AN 18-MONTH CONTINGENT POSITION***
Position is located in St. Louis, MO. Local/Remote Candidates will be considered.Job: Infrastructure Lead - Contingent Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Nestle Purina PetCare Company