This job is archived
***THIS IS AN 18-MONTH CONTINGENT POSITION***
Position is located in St. Louis, MO. Local/Remote Candidates will be considered.
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Nestle Purina PetCare, we are passionate about transforming the lives of pets and the people who love them. A key ambition of ours is to deliver new-to-world solutions that give pet owners the confidence and reassurance they are seeking in the decisions they make every day regarding their pets behavior, health and nutrition needs. We aim to do this by developing digital products and services for pet owners and vets that translate each pets data into current and predictive insights unique to each pet’s needs. To deliver on this ambition, we are looking for an exceptional Human Centered AI leader with experience leading teams responsible for developing Human-Centered AI and other Machine-Learning (ML) products.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to leverage this experience to create and lead a team that bridges the space between the global AI needs of pet-owners in digital products and the technical teams developing, deploying and enhancing that AI. In this role, you’ll define and lead our Human-Centered AI strategy, working closely with leaders of pet data acquisition, data science and infrastructure groups to deliver advanced analytics solutions that transform the lives of pets and the people who love them.
The Nestle Purina PetCare Companies Global Digital Solutions Group is seeking a dynamic and skilled Human-Centered AI lead with domain expertise in both AI and User Experience (UX) Design. This person is a key member of Purina’s new Global Digital And AI Product Development group leadership team, a group collectively responsible for Purina’s global expansion in “smart” and connected-pet products world-wide. This position is responsible to lead all work with Purina’s commercial digital teams globally, defining, testing and deploying AI solutions in PetCare products and product ecosystem. This position will have responsibility to develop the coordinated plan for the growth of the groups Human-Centered AI team and resources.
1. Lead work with cross-functional teams including Product Owners, UX Designers, Data Engineers, SW Developers, QA and DevOps Engineers to lead the technical development of the AI/Data Science practice within Purina
2. Set AI/Data Science strategy for Purina’s digital pet product ecosystems, ensuring clarity of customer requirements and development of AI products and services that effectively resolve those customer requirements.
3. Leading team of data scientists developing and researching new predictive models across a variety of AI projects/products in the PetCare category.
4. Ensure effective work cross-functionally in building of datasets that support Product and Engineering teams while collecting and analyzing results.
5. Partner with Product Owners and business leads to ensure Purina’s technical work is aligned with commercial priorities.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• Multiple year’s experience leading teams in designing successful Human-Centered AI products and technologies.
• Experience productizing AI/Data Science models
• Experience in development of AI/Data Science models including an understanding of fundamental technologies and processes involved in the research and development of models.
• Demonstrated understanding of AI/Data Science principles and architectures with real-world data engineering including pre-processing data, managing datasets, model development and testing, etc.
• Comfortable communicating complex ideas to non-experts and commercial teams.
• Ability to interpret and reason about data requirements needed to accelerate solution development.
• Experience understanding and advocating for consumer needs in the function of AI products.
• Experience building AI solutions that run on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Firebase, etc.) and/or on-the-edge (in devices)
• Demonstrated experience working with agile teams to develop, deploy and enhance high-performing data science deliverables.
• PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, User Experience Design or related fields highly desirable.
SUPERVISION: • This position reports to the Director, Digital Solutions Group.
***THIS IS AN 18-MONTH CONTINGENT POSITION***
Position is located in St. Louis, MO. Local/Remote Candidates will be considered.Job: AI Design Lead - Contingent Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Nestle Purina PetCare Company