ABOUT THE JOB:
At Nestle Purina PetCare, we are passionate about transforming the lives of pets and the people who love them. A key ambition of ours is to deliver new-to-world solutions that give pet owners the confidence and reassurance they are seeking in the decisions they make every day regarding their pets needs. We aim to do this by developing digital products and services for pet owners and vets that translate each pets behavior, health and nutrition data into current and predictive insights unique to each pet. To deliver on this ambition, we are looking for an exceptional AI development lead with experience leading teams responsible for developing AI and other Machine-Learning (ML) products.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to leverage this experience to create and lead a team responsible for designing, building and running a global AI/ML development platform team. In this role, you’ll define AI/ML development strategies, own the AI/ML platform technical roadmap and work closely with leaders of pet data acquisition, infrastructure and AI-UX teams to deliver advanced analytics solutions that transform the lives of pets and the people who love them.
The Nestle Purina PetCare Companies Global Digital Solutions Group is seeking a dynamic and skilled AI Lead who will develop and execute long-term strategy for accelerated development of reliable Data Science solutions. This role is a key member of the dynamic new digital product development group’s leadership team responsible for Purina’s global expansion in “smart” and connected-pet product development. This position leads the development of all Advanced Analytics and AI products that translate a pets data into unique behavior, health and nutrition insights.
1. Lead development of the advanced analytics and AI products within Purina’s connected-pet product and services ecosystem.
2. Work closely with product teams to improve and support their development and release processes.
3. Scoping and defining strategies for robust data collection at scale, contributing to data labelling and annotation efforts and effectiveness in accelerating high quality data science deliverables.
4. Engaging in strategic discussions to identify problems while measuring and improving the quality of workflows.
5. Identify and implement opportunities to improve tooling and implementation of scalable solutions.
1. Design continuous delivery pipelines for scalable, distributed solutions on the cloud.
2. Possess a clear grasp of the fundamentals of microservices, containers and their orchestration
3. Knowledgeable of requirements to operate and monitor cloud deployments
4. Experienced in implementing data warehouse and analytics solutions
5. Working knowledge and experience in use of Big Data Platforms
6. Good understanding of IaC tooling (e.g. Terraform)
7. Knowledgeable and experienced in Application CICD implementations using (for example) GitHub, Jenkins and Nexus
8. Competent in one of more scripting languages
9. Ideally, possesses:
? Knowledge of NodeJS, Python, Java or .NET
? Deep understanding of networking technologies including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS
? DevOps and Agile Methodologies
? Certified Data Engineer in AWS, Azure or GCP
? Certified Cloud Architect in AWS, Azure or GCP
1. Policy Alignment. Conduct all activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and all required Company policies and procedures.
2. Safety. Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment. Practice safety in the work area.
3. Quality. Support quality assurance and regulatory compliance of all work performed.
4. Travel. Travel as necessary (estimated not to exceed 15%-20%). Advocate for, and use, agile digital product development methodologies.
5. Actively work to deliver products that meet consumer and business needs.
6. Work effectively within cross-functional project teams to achieve excellent results
7. Additional duties as assigned
• This position reports to the Director, Digital Solutions Group.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• 7 years experience leading teams that have successfully delivered AI/ML products to internal and/or external customers
• Demonstrated influence on product/technical direction through customer advocacy
• Driven AI/ML development from inception to production
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts clearly
• PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or related fields.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience leading infrastructure support within a Data Science domain.
• Demonstrated experience working with agile teams to develop, deploy and enhance high-performing data science deliverables.