This job is archived
The position is for a working technical project manager. The successful candidate will will effectively manage and coordinate Reference Qualification technical and non-technical projects and initiatives at the Lincoln site. The scope of the support will include projects associated with in-line biologic product references and/or reference standards, reference monitoring, VMRD transfers of assays for reference monitoring, and cost-improvement projects. The position will be responsible for the change control process associated with projects and therefore requires strong leadership and demonstrated communication skills in order to collaborate across organizational lines (QO, QC, RA, VMRD, EHS and MFG ops) to ensure timely implementation of projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate would have a strong biological background in analytical methods. The candidate will be required to understand key technical data in order to be a representative for the site on VMRD-led Co-development teams that involve references.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver allocated projects on time and budget in order to meet business objectives. The candidate will be expected to make decisions that impact their own work and exercise judgment to complete assigned tasks. The candidate will lead cross-functional teams to support reference-related initiatives as their primary role. The candidate will be expected to manage the following team dynamics:
2. Consensus building,
3. Definition of team roles and responsibilities,
4. Facilitate recommendations of team to management and
5. Deliver projects on time and budget.
Education and Experience
B.S. degree in biological or related science with emphasis in microbiology, virology, bacteriology, or immunology
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Biologics industry with at least 2 - 3 years of experience in Reference Qualification.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Biologics industry with at least 1 - 5 years of experience in Reference Qualification.
• Five or more years of experience in assay validations.
• Five or more years of experience in general and technical management of projects with demonstrated ability to resolve technical issues, addresses validation requirements, prepares and administers budgets.
• Demonstrated expertise in areas of Biological sciences including production, Quality control, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs and Biological Research and development will be considered strongly.
• Additional key attributes desired are demonstrated ability to function and influence in a team/matrix environment, good interpersonal skills, communication skills, computer skills and working knowledge of key regulatory authorities (USDA, FDA).
• Demonstrated expertise in Project management/Coordination. Prior people leadership experience is a plus.
Technical Skills and Competencies
• Laboratory and/or manufacturing experience in biological manufacturing and/or testing is desirable. A working knowledge of vaccine production methods and experimental design and experience in GLP or GMP is also desirable.
• Regulatory experience in reference qualification / requalification.
• High degree of personal motivation and attention to detail. Strong oral and written communication, excellent interpersonal skills, strong commitment to product quality, continuous improvement and working knowledge of RFT (Right First Time) principles.
Physical Position Requirements
Typical office based working conditions of sitting at the computer and teleconferencing. Some travel may be required as part of project transfers. Occasional weekend work may be required.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.