This position is responsible for the overall administration support of the Veterinary Services Clinic and for the coordination of the staff and procedures scheduling.
• Knowledge of and compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures and protocols in the Nestlé Purina R&D Petcare Manual, QMS and GLP
• Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels and control (e.g. ordering, purchasing) of supplies for the veterinary clinic and the Petcare department
• Preside over a large pharmacy including dispensing and scheduling treatments
• Assist with ensuring compliance of veterinary services with audits and inspections (e.g. USDA, GLP etc.)
• Assist with coordinating staff and procedure schedules
• Attend team meetings; prepare minutes and Veterinary communications for the facility
• Maintain pet records (paper & electronic) accurately and up-to-date
• Key user of software programs for veterinary patient records and data management
• Primary scheduler for all patient needs and treatments
• Assist Veterinarians with audits and inventory of controlled substances
• Assist with Capital Expense process for veterinary related equipment and projects
• Act as a liaison with suppliers, set payment procedures and monitor and negotiate costs
• Responsible for scheduling maintenance and maintenance records of clinic equipment
• Maintain support for hands-on pet tasks when needed
• Perform Petcare Department support as needed
• Maintenance of veterinary suite and associated areas maintaining a safe, sanitary & orderly work area
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• High School diploma with two years of experience working in a Veterinary Practice
• Two years of prior experience with Avimark or other Veterinary Practice software
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Good interpersonal, communication, organization, and math skills
• Demonstrated strength in focus and detail orientation
• Computer literacy
• A working knowledge and adequate understanding of common veterinary medical terminology
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Advanced training or experience in animal science, veterinary technology, or animal handling, grooming, or behavior
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .
Job: Administrative Assistant I Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Hourly Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21000355