Nestle Purina is actively seeking a skilled and dynamic data scientist excited in the creation and development of computational solutions for problems in biology, working with data from omics technology platforms including, genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, microbiome and physiological/biochemical pathways. This data scientist will collaborate with subject matter experts, analyze and model data, developing algorithms (AI/ML/DL/NN) that translate a pet’s unique data into meaningful, actionable insights. This data scientist will use a diverse array of technologies and tools to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Google analytics, etc in the development of these algorithms.
This person will be a member on an agile team with a global responsibility and will have the opportunity to play a central role in developing and shaping the future efforts in this fast-moving area.
• Consult with scientists from different areas in the design and analysis of experiments.
• Keep current in the latest analytical methods and lead analytical method development and programming to address study requirements.
• Perform appropriate analytical modeling and/or analysis of project data, interpreting results and preparing summaries and reports.
• Perform exploratory analyses of data as requested to explore for patterns and trends from past studies.
• Propose, develop and implement innovative concepts based on data and ongoing research strategies
• Present key insights from data to various audiences including senior leadership, to support actionable next steps
• Travel as necessary
• Practice safety in the work area
• Keep current in field and maintain a high level of expertise
• Additional duties as assigned
• Actively acts as a consulting expert within Nestlé Purina in area of technical expertise
• Proven ability and willingness to mentor and guide the less experienced technical staff
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
• Mentoring and guidance as required for assigned projects
• Supervision required should be minimal
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• PhD or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Biophysics or related fields, with five years of relevant experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning and/or neural networks.
• Deep experience extracting, cleaning, preparing, and modeling data; command-line scripting, data structures
• Proficiency in statistical programming and programming languages (R, Python, C, C++ preferred).
• Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure.
• Proficiency in SQL (HANA/Azure) to execute basic data engineering activities as-needed.
• Ability to translate objectives into project plans and lead and manage projects to successful end points.
• Ability to work with internal/external customers to assess needs, aid, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills and verbal/written communication to non-technical audiences.