Job Description Nestled in southeast Missouri, Bloomfield is a small town with a rich history – and we’ve been proud to call Bloomfield home to one of our litter factories since 1995. This factory is the largest cat litter factory in the world and continues to grow. The Bloomfield factory was the first to produce Lightweight® litter, which has revolutionized the category within the pet care industry – a product that weighs half the amount of conventional litter. Unique to this factory is an overhead bridge that allows full pallets of finished products to be conveyed to the distribution warehouse just north of the factory. This innovation, in conjunction with various others, played a meaningful role in Nestlé Purina earning the Malcolm Baldrige Award in manufacturing. In 2020, our Bloomfield factory underwent a 110,000-square-foot expansion in processing and packaging. This is a $115 million investment, allowing Nestlé Purina to meet the growing demand from cat owners. The Bloomfield factory is also in the process of installing a state-of-the-art automatic storage and retrieval system (ASRS) in the warehouse, as well as a blow molding operation to self-manufacture jugs. With short commutes to St. Louis, Cape Girardeau, Kansas City and the Lake of the Ozarks—you can enjoy daytrips to popular attractions nearby or take pride in the great schools, local businesses and tight-knit community Bloomfield has to offer.
As a Staff Engineer, you will join a team of engineering, controls, and maintenance professionals in a highly automated, lean manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for equipment and plant layout design, development and implementation of capital program and key projects, general upkeep and improvement of plant facility, electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. You will work with cross-functional groups of employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects. In this role, you will participate in continuous improvement, conducting perform machine and process capability studies and downtime analysis. Additionally, you will research energy utilization to reduce energy costs and engage in day-to-day tracking of safety, quality and production issues for all processing, packaging and material handling equipment within the value stream.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities
- Lead and manage assigned capital projects to include new equipment installations, plant layout and design, manufacturing automation projects, and maintenance related projects
- Develop scope of work and evaluates bids for work completion
- Direct the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects
- Working knowledge of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and solid waste
- Responsible for the cost schedule and performance of assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in an Engineering or a related discipline AND 5+ years’ experience in engineering and/or project management within an industrial, manufacturing, military or related environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or related discipline AND 3+ years’ experience in engineering and/or project management within an industrial, manufacturing, military or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially
if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View]
for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
Bloomfield, MO US
Nestle Purina PetCare Company