This position is responsible for performing the necessary work related to the applied pet behavior programs under general supervision.
• Develop and implement pet socialization, training and enrichment programs.
• Perform pet behavior assessments and develop corrective actions as required.
• Source, evaluate and integrate new technologies and methods aimed at improving pet welfare.
• Collaborate with PetCare team to optimize pet welfare. Required activities include, but are not limited to:
• Train Petcare team on animal behavior, welfare issues, pet interaction, enrichment,
• Develop pet behavior modification programs and work with PetCare team on their implementation
• Follow up on implementation of behavior modification reports/recommendations, validating outcome of the recommendations
• Evaluate Petcare employees’ pet interaction proficiency. Provide coaching and training as needed.
• Conduct regular walk-throughs of Petcare to identify pets exhibiting undocumented behavior concerns.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures and protocols in the Nestlé Purina PTC PetCare Manual.
• Practice safety in the work area maintaining a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment.
• Travel as necessary.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• BS in Animal Behavior, Psychology, Ethology or related discipline or eight years of related experience
• 2 years of hands-on experience with cats
• Experience in behavior modification processes
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with cats
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational skills
• Computer literacy
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of non-invasive behavioral techniques
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Cat Behaviorist Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005858