Process Company merchandise inventory disbursements ensuring that all invoices represent valid purchases prior to payments being made. Maximize credit terms and discount opportunities. Correspond with vendors, DCs and corporate personnel regarding outstanding invoices and issues.
- Processes vendor invoices into the accounts payable system accurately, applying appropriate discounts on a timely basis.
- Compares vendor product invoices to on-line DC receiver document assigning invoice to either the ledger or log
- Maintains vendor file in an organized manner ensuring invoices, credit memos and vendor returns are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Corresponds with DCs regarding possible receiving errors, purchasing department regarding pricing discrepancies and vendors regarding pricing/shipping errors.
- Reviews the Batch Match Report consistently to determine which invoices/receivers will require further research for resolution.
- File all paid detail in the paid files in vendor and voucher order.
- Reviews the Unvouchered Payables report monthly to resolve unbilled purchase orders
- Processes vendor credits and reimbursements to insure disbursement accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of accounts payable or related experience
- Familiarity with mainframe accounts payable systems in an AS-400 environment preferred.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, function independently and work as part of a team.
- Travel generally not required
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.