What if we could extend the life and cognitive function in maturing dogs and cats? What if we could eliminate “dog breath” and improve the vision of your cat? What if we told you we’re already on it? What would you add to the mix?
At Purina, we’re at the forefront of innovative product development that’s improving the lives of dogs and cats everywhere. Creating food for pets that heals joint pain and enhances cognitive function is a small ‘taste’ of what the faces behind our formulas are working on every day.
As a Nutritionist, your larger team is our Technical Services group – the developers of the flavors, shapes and textures often innovated in marketing and so enjoyed by pets. In this blended role of nutrition and product development, you’ll leverage your sharp nutrition background to serve as the nutritional authority in our global movement to push pet nutrition forward. Your insight will be the key ingredient, as we’ll lean on you to qualify new raw materials and suppliers, manage assigned product formulations and support your colleagues and counterparts with nutritional expertise. Your team sits in St. Louis, MO, but you’ll work closely with our various factories across North America. More importantly, your outcomes will impact consumers around the world.
Being at the cutting-edge of nutritional adaptations in pet food and as a leader in the business, you can anticipate working on fast-paced, cross-functional projects that will challenge you to push the limits of innovation and renovation. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the ‘formula’?
- Manage the development of new and existing technologies to improve the performance of both existing and new products
- Manage the stages of assigned product formulations, supporting documentation, labeling, advertising and promotional materials
- Facilitate palatability and digestibility testing on existing and new products
- Serve as a key nutritional and technical resource for the Branded Marketing group to develop a robust pipeline of product development opportunities
- Review product claims with Legal and Regulatory personnel
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Master’s degree in nutrition/food science, chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Nutritionist I – MS degree and 2+ years of experience working in applied nutrition OR PhD in applied nutrition.
- Nutritionist II – MS degree and 5+ years of experience working in applied nutrition OR PhD and 2+ years of experience working in applied nutrition.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Nutritionist I/II Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004850