- Manage development, scale up and implementation of new and existing technologies to improve the performance of existing products and develop new products
- Explore innovative application of pet food product/process possibilities based on current state-of-art in the area of food technology
- Serve as technical resource for marketing to develop a robust pipeline of product development opportunities, which includes developing technical project plans and timelines for all assigned projects
- Support product formulation including appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory and analytical requirements
- Act as ingredient lead for all assigned ingredients/raw material including qualification of new raw materials and suppliers
- Proactively monitor and provide product maintenance for assigned product responsibilities requiring standardized scientific procedures
- Initiate and implement cost reduction ideas for assigned product lines and factories
- Bachelor’s degree in Meat/Food/Bakery/Grain Science or related scientific discipline and 1+ years of product development (food), formulation and scale-up experience
- MS/PhD in Meat/Food/Bakery/Grain Science or a scientific discipline with no experience necessary
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Product Specialist I/II Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004849