This job is archived
Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Work as part of a team operating a pharmaceutical packaging line. Operate packaging equipment and other related tasks. Maintain accurate and concurrent documentation of all tasks completed. Maintain a positive attitude and be able to work well with others in a team environment. Demonstrate good attendance.
This position is in a manufacturing area utilizing DEA schedule III / IV materials. Synovex differential pay will be paid to colleagues working within the facility.
Record Keeping and Documentation
• Maintain and complete accurate records (time cards, batch records, log books, etc.).
• Operate assigned equipment, i.e. PLC controlled packaging line, pellet filler, vision system, pouch sealer, etc.
• Clean production equipment and facilities.
• Set-up/ disassemble packaging equipment.
• Operate specific in-process devices associated with the equipment.
• Operate material handling devices, electric pallet jack, manual pallet jacks, and hi-lifts.
• Apply the metric system to assigned process calculations.
SOPs / cGMPs
• Follow all SOPs/cGMPs applicable to the area.
• Apply proper housekeeping techniques.
• Follow proper dress and secondary gowning policy.
• Practice good safety techniques in the manufacturing area., including lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
• Read and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
• Properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required per SOPs, i.e. safety shoes, safety glasses, respirators, gloves, hearing protection, etc.
Decision Making -- Demonstrated ability to:
• Delegate questionable issues upward.
• Follow directions either written, or oral.
• Know when to stop the process for anomalies.
• Learn to identify “out-of-spec” material.
• Familiar with production/ process flow.
• Know proper staging and storage location for supplies and equipment.
• Learn key terminology associated with Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
• Communicate effectively with peers and supervisor.
• Apply appropriate communication techniques for team work.
Personal Computer Skills
• Perform PC tasks
Primary interactions are within Pharmaceutical, packaging, tableting, compounding. May also interact with materials management personnel (warehouse, label cage)
Indicate the Average Budget or Revenue accountability, as applicable
Indicate the typical number of Colleagues managed. Include direct & indirect reports, matrix responsibility and or additional resources (i.e. contingent workers), as applicable.
Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent, plus 6-12 months of experience
- Language skills - able to read and interpret procedures.
- Math Skills - ability to apply general math skills .
- Has a basic understanding of mechanical skills and has used various hand tools.
- Meets the physical requirements of the job.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical school certificate, or 1-2 yrs. college.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with vision systems and robotic fillers
Knowledge of P.C. using Windows based applications.
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
See Education and Experience
Physical Position Requirements
Special Facility Requirements:
This position supports a manufacturing area utilizing DEA schedule III / IV compounds with OEB exposure limits of 3 / 5. This position requires secondary gowning and use of Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) within the manufacturing facility. Must be able to withstand physical confinement for most of the workday.
- Apply good lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to routine lifting of 20-40 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to product dust/particulate
- Exposure to loud noise.
- Exposure to temperature variations.
Exposure to heights of up to 25 ft. , e.g. tops of silos, and tops of blendersFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.