This job is archived
Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Assist with leading daily departmental operations, provide specialized technical expertise and leadership including equipment and process knowledge to assist in key functions of the Pharma Blister Packaging operations and other areas of Pharmaceutical Production. Schedule and lead special projects, qualification, and experimental work. Contact and work with vendors for information on equipment/supplies. Write Capital Project requests and single vendor capital purchases. Work cooperatively with Maintenance to troubleshoot problem areas. Comply with SOPs and cGMPs. Perform production tasks as assigned in Packaging Operations.
- To be the subject matter expert (SME) in the Blister Packaging area and understand the fundamental operation of all key pieces of equipment required to package products. This would include such equipment as checkweighers, labelers, cartoners, insert placers, case packers, and case labelers.
- Assist with the development of standard work documents that clearly articulate the operation of the machine and identify all critical process parameters. Provide set-up guides detailing each equipment variable, associated target settings and, where applicable, allowable ranges. Update SOP’s, job aides and associated documentation as required.
- Provide troubleshooting guides that explain the equipment variables and associated conditions that create the need for adjustment.
- Assist with Lean associated activities that reduce changeover time, standardize machine set-up, and achieve OEE operational targets and maintain a high standard of quality.
- Perform in-depth training of equipment operation to raise technicians’ level of knowledge and enhance their troubleshooting capabilities.
- Assist with tracking key operational metrics and collecting non-batch record related data to better understand the packaging line operational dynamics to improve OEE and reduce material scrap.
- Lead all activities required to run the line effectively and maximize operational efficiency including, but not limited to; directing line personnel, interacting with Maintenance for repairs, and contacting QA personnel for quality related issues associated with equipment or materials.
- Assist other packaging personnel in performing their job duties.
- Perform assigned work in own area of responsibility, which would include set-up of packaging lines, adjustment of equipment, and line optimization projects.
- Perform associated Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) paperwork including completing documentation, learning, and using SOPs, and completing equipment logbooks.
- Learn and comply with regulatory requirements such as FDA, APHIS, VMD & OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Six-Sigma green belt training/certification.
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment as an Equipment Technician operating similar equipment.
- Minimum of a two-year Electro-Mechanical technical degree or equivalent from an accredited university.
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
Able to pass the Standard Timing Model mechanical test to assess the following skill set:
- Troubleshooting ability for problem resolution on machinery and equipment.
- Spatial perception
- Quality differentiation
- Hand-eye coordination
- Qualitative and quantitative reasoning ability
- The understanding of different mechanical components
- The understanding of mechanical Stroke, Timing, and Position.
- Sound experience in troubleshooting equipment and problem resolution on machinery and equipment.
- Sound team leadership skills and people interactions skills.
- Experience and use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment operating manuals.
- Must work in an industrial environment safely using approved procedures, i.e., Lockout/tagout, confined space, line break, right to know, etc.
Pass the Standard Electrical Test Model and assess the following skill set:
- Understanding of the principals and fundamentals of electricity and how they are applied in an industrial setting
- Understanding of circuit components including relays, limit switches, proximity switches, photo eyes, motor starters, relay logic control circuits, and AC/DC input devises
- The ability to troubleshoot industrial control systems using schematics and troubleshooting tools
Physical Position Requirements
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to temperature variations, prolonged standing, or walking.
- Occasional weekend overtime.