This job is archived
Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Directs and manages Pharma Blister Packaging Operations.
- Plans and manages Pharmaceutical Blister Packaging resources in accordance with requirements and approved budgets.
- Develop and implement tactical plans, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with developing and implementing strategic plans for the area consistent with strategic goals of Zoetis.
- Develops and reviews objectives with area personnel; leads the training and development of all department employees.
- Represents Secondary Operations on task forces to investigate and resolve quality issues.
- Maintains technical competence in packaging technology and recommends equipment and/or process enhancements that will provide improved efficiencies and a competitive advantage.
- Reviews and approves operational changes related to packaging equipment etc.
- Ensures all group functions meet Corporate, APHIS, GMP, and EU quality aseptic standards and are in compliance with departmental SOPs.
- Provides leadership and clear/concise communication inside and outside of the area.
- Manage the planning, implementation and monitoring of capital, personnel, and operating budgets for the area.
- Maintains state of the art competence on technological developments within area of responsibility and recommends equipment and/or process enhancements that will provide improved efficiencies, safety, and a competitive advantage.
- Provide leadership and support to maintain a safe and accident-free environment.
- Represents the department as required on various committees and teams.
- Participates in regular Gemba walks and drives process performance and performance improvement.
- Collaborates fully as part of a Process Team in resolving production problems, optimizing production schedules, and driving continuous improvement.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. in science related degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Blister Packaging/Production areas.
preferred candidate qualifications:
7+ years of experience in APHIS, GMP, and EU regulations.
Prior experience in packaging operations.
Prior management of 10+ employee operation.
Technical Skills and Competencies Require
Demonstrated ability to manager and motivate employees to meet defined objectives; and to administer budgets and operational plans
Demonstrated ability to represent the area’s interests with higher management and related groups (i.e., Materials Management, Employee Resources, Pharmaceutical Quality Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, etc.)
Demonstrated ability to lead and interact effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Strong communication skills (oral and written).
Demonstrated understanding of USDA/FDA and International regulations of pharmaceutical products.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Strong commitment to product quality, customer service, and continuous improvement.
Training in leadership and management techniques consistent with Zoetis values and leadership practices.
Physical Position Requirements
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to temperature variations, prolonged standing, or walking.
- Occasional weekend overtime.